CUA lighting in some scenes looks highlighted / ultra bright

abbasjangali

Reactions
Twitter
Patreon
So basically in some scenes my CUA assets look very weird and have bad lighting. I have tried messing with scene lighting and other stuff but it didn't work. It is only in some scenes and I do not know why this keeps happening, I searched everywhere and could not find a similar problem to mine. This weird lighting happens both in places with 0 light whatsoever and also in places with full lighting.

test.png

test2.png

Note that this only happens with some CUA's and not all of them. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Some CUAs will not handle somes lighting conditions well, probably not much you can do about that besides having good lighting in the scene.

Some CUAs will not handle somes lighting conditions well, probably not much you can do about that besides having good lighting in the scene.
That's the thing, even in good lighting they look glitched out. It only happens in some scenes. I just used this example for a black background, but even in multiple good-lighting scenes they still look this way.

Have you tried adjusting the Scene Lighting options? You can turn off the way global lighting affects Unity objects.

Have you tried adjusting the Scene Lighting options? You can turn off the way global lighting affects Unity objects.
Yeah I did try some settings in there but nothing worked last time, but just to be sure, which option would turn off the way it affects unity objects?

Global Illum Master Intensity = 0, and/or Unity Ambient Effect on Native Game Objects = 0, and the three RGB dials = 0.

Global Illum Master Intensity = 0, and/or Unity Ambient Effect on Native Game Objects = 0, and the three RGB dials = 0.
Yeah still didn't work.. Even when there is absolutely no light and its pitch black, the CUA object glows by itself. (By glows I don't mean it's emissive but just bright).

Are any of these odd CUAs on the hub? With some environment assets, the lighting is baked in. Sometimes, this is a good thing. Maybe when these CUAs were created, lighting was baked in by mistake. A hair CUA should not have that.

Are any of these odd CUAs on the hub? With some environment assets, the lighting is baked in. Sometimes, this is a good thing. Maybe when these CUAs were created, lighting was baked in by mistake. A hair CUA should not have that.
Yes, this is one of them and it is free: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/princess-fiona-human-shrek.22260/

If lighting is baked in, is there any way of removing it? Any plugin editors maybe?

Edit: However, what confuses me is that not all scenes have this glitch, like some scenes when it is pitch black the CUA looks like what it is intended. But some scenes have this baked in glitch.

Back
Top Bottom