Lighting bespoke assets - scene lighting versus lights. Any help?

groinc

Reactions
I create 3d assets in Cinema4d for my everyday use - not Vam. However, I am thinking of bringing some environments assets over to share with others. However, i have noticed there are two lighting systems in VaM that dont play well together. I have downloaded some environments off the Hub, and they seem to have lighting baked into them and are unaffected by added light atoms. Plus the scene lighting features dont affect them either. Matching character models up to the 'baked in lights' is a pain.

If I was to bring in my own textured room assets into vam, how would I ensure vams own lighting options would effect the scene?

I'd like to know.......
what the skybox lighting actually affects.
What Invisible Light atoms actually effect.

any information really.

Many thanks for pointers and guides.

I can't really help with the technical aspects of your question. But check out the UnityAssetVamifier plugin (which comes with VaM) to get rid of baked in lights for CUA environments. There's also an updated version that i gather adds more capabilities.

As a user, i really appreciate when environments include different lighting options.

Hey DJ, thanks for that info. I never realised it existed and I've just had a play around. It appears to be a good middle ground solution. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom