Lighting scene issue

diabuz

Reactions
Hi

I installed the scene E-girl bedroom but my model is too dark. I adjusted the lighting as indicated by the author of the scene. He did not specify whether to add a light to obtain the same rendering. Is this a bug ? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/e-girl-bedroom.13575/

85760-cc03b161da0f799e87d21a710880990b.data

92785-d5e8cb15ac004978df3046bba917b7a6.data

Could be a problem with your own lighting settings. Try increase your pixel light count OR delete some lights in the scene. This should do the trick.

If you have more lights in a scene than the number of your pixel lights-setting, the game chooses by whatever algorithm which lights are to be favoured.

There is no light in the scene. What light should I use to get this rendering ? I'm newbie with VaM, I unlocked creator tiers yesterday. Where is pixel count ? I didn't found it in my settings.

If you are in EDIT mode, you can go the tab "select" and, if needed, choose "show hidden". If there are no lights shown, the lights are baked into the scene and you can't edit the lighting, which is always kind of bad but is a choice from the creator.

You can find your lighting settings in "user preferences" in the main menu.

If you are in EDIT mode, you can go the tab "select" and, if needed, choose "show hidden". If there are no lights shown, the lights are baked into the scene and you can't edit the lighting, which is always kind of bad but is a choice from the creator.

You can find your lighting settings in "user preferences" in the main menu.

Thank you for this useful information.

Actually baked lighting can be very good. This author however has not used light/reflection probes in the baking which means any moveable object introduced (ie player) will not be affected by the light at all. Plenty of vids on YT of people baking lights for games like this and VRChat. Its quite interesting and im am fumbling around with it now.

Back
Top Bottom