Lighting in scenes

dadirector

Reactions
Hi

When I download some scenes the scene lighting doesn't look good when adding person atoms so I have to add invisible light to the scene however I can't figure out how the light falls on the atom (I have to tweak the light source until I get it right)
Is there a way to make the light rays appear as a line to show the direction in which the light hit the object?
Thanks

if you mean for Light Type = Spot, it's the direction of the blue arrow

On gizmo there is "longer" & "shorter" indicator on white "cube/camera" looking thingy (idk what is called). 🤣
gizmoDirection.jpg

It would be cool if there is sometype of plugin to clearly indicate facing/direction of an atom (not only for spot/directional lights),
like extended Z line or something, so you can see it easily (especially when you have tons of atoms inside a scene). :unsure:
gizmoDirection2.jpg

maybe the blender plugin. I never tried it but in the photos seemed to have something like that

maybe the blender plugin. I never tried it but in the photos seemed to have something like that
Yes, it has "sort of" option, but it extends all "lines" :confused:

I gave it like 10min try (i was mostly interested in quick atom add/copy).
Sadly controls(keybinds) are all over the place (partially thx to VaM limits/already occupied keys).

It definitely requires some "getting used to", has potential, once you nail down (remember) all controls.

On gizmo there is "longer" & "shorter" indicator on white "cube/camera" looking thingy (idk what is called). 🤣
View attachment 103701

It would be cool if there is sometype of plugin to clearly indicate facing/direction of an atom (not only for spot/directional lights),
like extended Z line or something, so you can see it easily (especially when you have tons of atoms inside a scene). :unsure:
View attachment 103702
Well I can't see that gizmo thing only the cube

Back
Top Bottom