Question Would it be possible to have clothes as independent atoms to have clothes laying on the floor, or on a hook?

projectilevarmint

Reactions
Would some sort of 'clothes hanger' plug-in or CUA be possible within VAM? I could see use for having things bunched up on the floor, or wardrobe/setup scenes where you select the item you want from a rack or hook, and being able to lay some clothes out on the bed would be fun while someone's getting dressed.

I did manage to do this with a scene I never finished, the animation was overly complicated and I gave up on it originally.

I created a "flat" character morph, then used https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/character-transparency.26690/ to hide the character so the clothing was flat and still simmed. I added a coat hanger as a transparent image panel parented to the person. I had it as a shirt hanging on the wall, with another character picking it up and moving it around by animating the invisible person wearing the clothing.
It works, but because you have to add a person atom for each clothing item it can get a bit taxing to have more characters in the scene. If you tried to make a wardrobe full your computer would probably melt.

Writing this actually gave me some ideas. I'll take another look at this concept when I get some time.

Upvote 0
That's a interesting workaround @Origin69. You could make them as CUA and that would make it less of a performance hog.
There's also a way to fake it a little by animating ClothGrabSpheres to quickly grab the clothes and make a pile on the floor. It's still a lot of work.

Anyway, clothes cannot exist as independent atoms and still be clothes, so it's still a "no". But there's all kinds of creative ways to go around that.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom