Question Whats causing this glitch?

virtamater

Reactions
Whats causing the elbows to lag behind the atom and end up like this?

It's in all my scenes now since this morning?
1673734036.jpg
1673734138.jpg
1673734036.jpg

When you create and pose a scene, the body positions are based on physics as well as node position, so the pose may shift when you reload it. In the above scene, it looks like they're leaning on a ledge or table or something. So it's likely that when you posed them, the elbows were where they were because the table was preventing them from moving to where the nodes wanted them to be. If you had turned off collision for the table, the elbows would have been free to move to the natural position you see here.

When you load the scene, only the saved node positions are used to position the model. Not the actual body position, constrained by collision with other scene objects.

Upvote 0
this is one of RegnMocaps duel dance scenes.. all i did was switch looks and add the environment. ive had this scene for probably over a year now and havnt used it in a while. i find it like this.. the pic is some 30 seconds into the animation . im about to just redo the changes i made starting with the original var again.

Upvote 0
In that case, perhaps it's collision with the environment you added that's preventing the elbows from going where they were animated to go.

Upvote 0
are you using my spqrperformance plugin by any chance? physics will get worse the lower you go with it

Upvote 0
Looks similar to a problem I had with elbows getting hooked behind big boobs. Even though it didn't look like that was the problem, as soon as I added the elbows to the timeline animated targets and made sure they swung out wide to clear the breasts it went away.

Upvote 0
Hrmmm... lol that might be why its in all my scenes lamo. Im not the creator tho and I have no clue how to add elbows to the timeline. Im not even sure if they're in there but Ill look.. Thing is all my girls tend to look like that and Ive never really had this problem until now though.

I see how that works in the morning!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom