• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
var browser

Other var browser

Hey, I could use some advice atm...I had integrated the browser just fine and it was working well for awhile....and things started getting a bit out of whack for instance it just wouldn't end up loading pre-reqs so....(and here's where I'm sure I first F'ed up) I tried to solve it myself and assumed I had the faculties to reset back to before I had begun using it and attempted to move all of my vars back to the intended original game's addon folder and proceed to clean out all traces of the var browser and bepinex within my VaM's locale. Thinking I had accomplished this I started up VaM a couple times with the original slowness I had sought out a program like this for and saw that it was running "as intended". At this point I started at square one and reinstalled the whole enchilada as I had done the prior original time with the differences being that two updates (maybe 3) have been released AND you have the script for visibility within VR mode being installed along with the way I had installed before. I've not yet been able to get VaM loaded up with var browser working correctly. First immediate issue it wasn't (and still isnt) loading up anything from the Allpackages folder as it had done prior. I AM seeing on my computers screen when i peak out from VR that upon starting VaM it shows the message var browser iswaitingto load as was what would happen per the successful usage on the first integration. But once Vam loads up fully there is no window within desktop. I set the script to load visibility within VR as your instructions entailed and then hard rebooted vam. Upon loading into vam again same problems and the script is highlighted erroneous while listed with a red highlight. I didn't keep any records of any logs up until where I'm at currently, unfortunately but as of writing this my logoutput.log states this:
[Message: BepInEx] BepInEx 5.4.21.0 - VAM (11/12/2020 3:32:36 PM)
[Info : BepInEx] Running under Unity v2018.1.9.2407384
[Info : BepInEx] CLR runtime version: 2.0.50727.1433
[Info : BepInEx] Supports SRE: True
[Info : BepInEx] System platform: Bits64, Windows
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader started
[Info : BepInEx] Loaded 1 patcher method from [BepInEx.Preloader 5.4.21.0]
[Info : BepInEx] 1 patcher plugin loaded
[Info : BepInEx] Patching [UnityEngine.CoreModule] with [BepInEx.Chainloader]
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader finished
[Warning: HarmonyX] AccessTools.Property: Could not find property for type UnityEngine.Application and name isBatchMode
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader ready
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader started
[Info : BepInEx] 4 plugins to load
[Warning: BepInEx] Plugin [UnityConsole 0.1.0.0] targets a wrong version of BepInEx (3.2.0.0) and might not work until you update
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [UnityConsole 0.1.0.0]
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [Unicode 1.0]
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [Unity.Tools.Module 1.7.2]
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [var_browser 0.10]
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader startup complete
[Warning: HarmonyX] AccessTools.Method: Could not find method for type System.Exception and name PrepForRemoting and parameters
[Info : Console] VN Game engine is not for this EXE file
[Info : Console]
>Any idea what I messed up? or is there any other info dump within a file somewhere else that may help?

Hey, I could use some advice atm...I had integrated the browser just fine and it was working well for awhile....and things started getting a bit out of whack for instance it just wouldn't end up loading pre-reqs so....(and here's where I'm sure I first F'ed up) I tried to solve it myself and assumed I had the faculties to reset back to before I had begun using it and attempted to move all of my vars back to the intended original game's addon folder and proceed to clean out all traces of the var browser and bepinex within my VaM's locale. Thinking I had accomplished this I started up VaM a couple times with the original slowness I had sought out a program like this for and saw that it was running "as intended". At this point I started at square one and reinstalled the whole enchilada as I had done the prior original time with the differences being that two updates (maybe 3) have been released AND you have the script for visibility within VR mode being installed along with the way I had installed before. I've not yet been able to get VaM loaded up with var browser working correctly. First immediate issue it wasn't (and still isnt) loading up anything from the Allpackages folder as it had done prior. I AM seeing on my computers screen when i peak out from VR that upon starting VaM it shows the message var browser iswaitingto load as was what would happen per the successful usage on the first integration. But once Vam loads up fully there is no window within desktop. I set the script to load visibility within VR as your instructions entailed and then hard rebooted vam. Upon loading into vam again same problems and the script is highlighted erroneous while listed with a red highlight. I didn't keep any records of any logs up until where I'm at currently, unfortunately but as of writing this my logoutput.log states this:
[Message: BepInEx] BepInEx 5.4.21.0 - VAM (11/12/2020 3:32:36 PM)
[Info : BepInEx] Running under Unity v2018.1.9.2407384
[Info : BepInEx] CLR runtime version: 2.0.50727.1433
[Info : BepInEx] Supports SRE: True
[Info : BepInEx] System platform: Bits64, Windows
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader started
[Info : BepInEx] Loaded 1 patcher method from [BepInEx.Preloader 5.4.21.0]
[Info : BepInEx] 1 patcher plugin loaded
[Info : BepInEx] Patching [UnityEngine.CoreModule] with [BepInEx.Chainloader]
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader finished
[Warning: HarmonyX] AccessTools.Property: Could not find property for type UnityEngine.Application and name isBatchMode
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader ready
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader started
[Info : BepInEx] 4 plugins to load
[Warning: BepInEx] Plugin [UnityConsole 0.1.0.0] targets a wrong version of BepInEx (3.2.0.0) and might not work until you update
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [UnityConsole 0.1.0.0]
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [Unicode 1.0]
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [Unity.Tools.Module 1.7.2]
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [var_browser 0.10]
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader startup complete
[Warning: HarmonyX] AccessTools.Method: Could not find method for type System.Exception and name PrepForRemoting and parameters
[Info : Console] VN Game engine is not for this EXE file
[Info : Console]
>Any idea what I messed up? or is there any other info dump within a file somewhere else that may help?
send me the log file.
i notice that you have some other bepinex plugin.remove them then check var browser.

I can't make this work. installed everything, and when I start VAM it says ''var browser waiting to start'' and then nothing happens. I can't bring up the var browser menu with either Ctrl + Shift + V or 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Here's my log output in case you wanna take a look.

Attachments

• LogOutput.txt
    1 KB · Views: 0
Here's my log output in case you wanna take a look.
you should post the game log file to me.
log path: %appdata%\..\locallow\MeshedVR\VaM

make sure you remove the bepinex folder and install the plugin again to eliminate other plugin's influence.

you should post the game log file to me.
log path: %appdata%\..\locallow\MeshedVR\VaM

make sure you remove the bepinex folder and install the plugin again to eliminate other plugin's influence.

Here it is.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Start VAM, click "Custom\Person preset", clik "Return to scene view". Var browser window disappears and cannot be shown again. Newest version. I think there are other combinations of navigation, but maybe resolving this will resolve the rest. 0.9 was ok.

Last edited:
The ''Scan Hub for missing packages'' option doesn't work when this plugin is installed. clicking on that button only brings up the scene menu instead.

It works but only if you start original hub browser and never try the browser from plugin. Anyway, it would be nice if "Scan Hub for missing packages" worked only for CURRENT SCENE not for everything installed...

I completely agree with you on that.
It works but only if you start original hub browser and never try the browser from plugin. Anyway, it would be nice if "Scan Hub for missing packages" worked only for CURRENT SCENE not for everything installed...

It baffles me that there isn't a fix for the var browser issue with the scan hub and a ''scan hub for the current var only'' option in VAM.

Last edited:
Start VAM, click "Custom\Person preset", clik "Return to scene view". Var browser window disappears and cannot be shown again. Newest version. I think there are other combinations of navigation, but maybe resolving this will resolve the rest. 0.9 was ok.
i have fixed it. download the new v0.10 version.

The ''Scan Hub for missing packages'' option doesn't work when this plugin is installed. clicking on that button only brings up the scene menu instead.
it works for me.i do not quick understand your problem.

I completely agree with you on that.

It baffles me that there isn't a fix for the var browser issue with the scan hub and a ''scan hub for the current var only'' option in VAM.
the hub browse is not var browser's core function.
so i have no plan to add too much function to the plugin's hub browse.

my next plan for var browser may be enforce the plugin's file browser,eg:cloth tag filter

Last edited:
Your next plan should be fixing the issues with people being unable to bring the plugin menu with Ctrl + Shift + V.
Sometimes, for example, when exiting the Hub, the plugin menu will close and it's impossible to bring it up again with the shortkey.
The only solution is to delete the plugin and reinstall it again.

Your next plan should be fixing the issues with people being unable to bring the plugin menu with Ctrl + Shift + V.
Sometimes, for example, when exiting the Hub, the plugin menu will close and it's impossible to bring it up again with the shortkey.
The only solution is to delete the plugin and reinstall it again.
it seem like a bug.no one have post it to me.
bug is always fixed soon.
i do not think you should delete the plugin.
otherwise you can use the session plugin to invoke the var browser's function.

it seem like a bug.no one have post it to me.
bug is always fixed soon.
i do not think you should delete the plugin.
otherwise you can use the session plugin to invoke the var browser's function.

If you by mistake click two times on the ''+'' or ''-'' icon of the var browser menu, the menu disappears and there is no way to bring it back, even after restarting VAM.
The only solution is to delete the contents of the cache folder inside Bepinex and the config file and restart VAM. only then the menu will show up again.

Last edited:
If you by mistake click two times on the ''+'' or ''-'' icon of the var browser menu, the menu disappears and there is no way to bring it back, even after restarting VAM.
The only solution is to delete the contents of the cache folder inside Bepinex and the config file and restart VAM. only then the menu will show up again.
sorry for the ui scale solution,it use the topleft pivot to scale the ui. it may exceed the window border.
you can edit the config file in "BepInEx\config\vam_var_browser.cfg"
modify the "Scale" and "Position".
it is not a good solution.but it is easy to implement in program.

Your next plan should be fixing the issues
As I understand your frustration, I don't approve your tone. sfishere did excellent work, something that VAM should have from the beginning. It has it flaws but for me VAM usage was pain in the ass. I even started writing my own program to get dependencies, but var browser appeared just at the right moment :)

Last edited:
As I understand your frustration, I don't approve your tone. sfishere did excellent work, something that VAM should have from the beginning. It has it flaws but for me VAM usage was pain in the ass. I even started writing my own program to get dependencies, but var browser appear just at the right moment :)
The Var Browser is absolutely the best thing (in my opinion) that has ever happened to VAM. I have thousands of Vars and my VAM was loading very very slowly even with cache. It was annoying to say the least. After I tried this solution my VAM is working like a newly installed one and loads lighting fast. We should all be thankful to Sfishere for his hard work and dedication.

Back
Top Bottom