• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Vam To Daz 2

Other Vam To Daz 2 2.2.0

View attachment 109523
It is a very good software and I transform a VAM charater to DAZ G2F and then G8F succefully, but when I try to transform another charater there is something wrong in the chest part,would you like to help me to solve it?

Is the nipple issue on the G2 figure or is it after you convert to G8?

If it is the on the G2 figure, Did you miss a morph when using Morph Merger? Does it have the same nipple issue if you apply that morph in VAM?

If it is the on the G2 figure, Did you miss a morph when using Morph Merger? Does it have the same nipple issue if you apply that morph in VAM?
it is the nipple issue when I converting from VAM to G2F,and I export all morph when using Morph Merger,But I don't know what's wrong:(

1648732979205.png
1648732992198.png

I export the obj and mtl directly in VAM in order to check,and I found same problem.everything seems perfect in the game but when it export,nipple issue comes.Maybe I should replace the charater's body to an shape that work well in VAM before the converting

Have run the software. Console message is 'Found 2 Daz content paths'. All DAZ content and CSM are locate don drive 'X:' Registry keys are correct, and DAZ 3D functions as expected. How can I provide VAM 2 DAZ the pathing information? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Issue - 2022-04-08 161229.png
    Issue - 2022-04-08 161229.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 0
Have run the software. Console message is 'Found 2 Daz content paths'. All DAZ content and CSM are locate don drive 'X:' Registry keys are correct, and DAZ 3D functions as expected. How can I provide VAM 2 DAZ the pathing information? Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you have the Genesis 2 Starter Content bundle installed? The starter bundles for all daz generations are free and contains the Base Male and Female figures., you can download then from your account at Daz.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have the Genesis 2 Starter Content bundle installed.

Attachments

• Genesis 2.png
    Genesis 2.png
    362 KB · Views: 0
Also, here is my content directories.

Ok, those are great screen shots, don't think I could have figured out what was wrong without them. I use Daz Install Manager and you use Daz Connect to install? Correct?

So your first screenshot shows the Genesis Content is installed in the path /Daz Connect Library/ and that is not in the "Daz studio formats" paths in second screenshot.

The Tool Scans the Daz Registry keys for al the paths tagged ContentDir however Daz Connect is in its own listing in the registry so we never scan where the G2 stuff is installed.

I will need to add that to the registry paths check on the next release.

Here is a workaround that should make it work for you.
  1. In Content Directory Manager.
  2. Click "Daz Studio Formats"
  3. Click "Add.."
  4. Add the folder listed in the "Daz Connect Data" the one that ends with "/Studio/My Daz Connect Library"

Last edited:
Thank you again. I did not consciously use DAZ Connect. In order to get everything setup on my X: drive, I solely relied on DAZ Install Manager. Clearly I did something wrong at some point, but I am sure I have never used DAZ Connect. If assets are updated or downloaded from within DAZ Studio, would that leverage DAZ Connect internally?

Sorry, this is not your problem. I will start from scratch and remove DAZ from my system (and remove the related registry entries, and then do a clean install. I will then ensure that there are no references to DAZ Connect, and go from there.

I will touch base with you and let you know where I land.

Thank you again for your help in figuring out the problem, and for reaching back out to help.

Cheers,

One more... I did follow your instructions by adding the directory. The DAZ Connect content is structured differently, so DAZ does not show any content within them. When I run your program, it does in fact indicate it has found three paths, but program screen is the same as the original image I sent you. Hence my decision to re-install DAZ. Apologies as I did not want to leave you thinking I had dismissed your workaround. The path was added correctly, but the content in the DAZ Connect folders is organized differently.

Attachments

• DAZ Formats.png
    DAZ Formats.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 0
  • hierarchy-1.png
    hierarchy-1.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
  • hierarchy-2.png
    hierarchy-2.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
I have never used Daz Conenct at all because I detest the DRM nature and well from all I have read it is just shit if you are not using it for all your content. If you download/update inside Daz Studio I think that is Daz Connect, not sure what it would do to content installed via DIM.

From the paths you posted I am really curious as to how it works, most Daz content I am familiar with use relative Paths to point to content. So folder paths are very strict to maintain backwards compatibility. Now HTF is Connect content work with existing shit...

Really not sure if I can even get vam to daz to work with it since I hear it has encryption as well.

Just following up. Removed DAZ, performed a fresh install, made adjustments to relocate everything to X: drive, and performed basic validation. Installed through DIM; no sign of DAZ Connect.

You program works great! Thank you!

Apologies for taking up your time, and again, thank you for reaching out and helping to troubleshoot.
Cheers!

Glad you got it working, and don't worry about asking for help. That taught me a new thing to watch out for/look into if some one else has a similar issue.

View attachment 109524View attachment 109525

I export the obj and mtl directly in VAM in order to check,and I found same problem.everything seems perfect in the game but when it export,nipple issue comes.Maybe I should replace the charater's body to an shape that work well in VAM before the converting

Did you ever find the root cause of this? Some Rogue internal VAM morph? Or did it seem to just be a bug in the way VAM builds it's mesh? Just hate knowing others may have similar glitched morphs and if there is a way I can work around it.

View attachment 109524View attachment 109525

Your character in VAM probably looks better because of smoothing. Sometimes, we morph the geometry in crazy ways to get the look we want, without realizing that it would look broken without smoothing.
In VAM's User Preferences, turn your "Smooth Passes" down to 0 to see how it will look in DAZ. I hope that helps!

It should not need Admin rights.

What operating system and do you have .net 6 installed? You would want the
.NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.1, You want the Desktop not the SDK or runtime only versions on that page.
from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

Sorry for another stupid tech question, I am using Windows 10. Do you mean we are supposed to install the desktop runtime 6.0.5 as shaded in blue color in the following picture?
Annotation 2022-05-27 110057.png

Sorry for another stupid tech question, I am using Windows 10. Do you mean we are supposed to install the desktop runtime 6.0.5 as shaded in blue color in the following picture?View attachment 125938
Yes, the x64 version if you are on Windows 10. I think I will change that to a direct link, forgot just how confusing that page is for users.

Do you have the free Daz Studio and the free Genesis 2 Starter set installed?
Daz has 3 types of installers for it's content now, which one did you you use to install your stuff?

DazCentral, DazConnect are both have DRM and have issues with the app finding the correct paths. DIM(Daz Install Manager) option is DRM free and works well with the plugin.

The genitals are not free, and are not in the Starter Set. They come from other packages so if are you having path not found on those?

Do you have the free Daz Studio and the free Genesis 2 Starter set installed?
Daz has 3 types of installers for it's content now, which one did you you use to install your stuff?

DazCentral, DazConnect are both have DRM and have issues with the app finding the correct paths. DIM(Daz Install Manager) option is DRM free and works well with the plugin.

The genitals are not free, and are not in the Starter Set. They come from other packages so if are you having path not found on those?
Thanks so much for your kind help, all problems solved. But a tip from me is that if you run this tool as an administrator on some pc, the drag action gets no effect!

Thanks so much for your kind help, all problems solved. But a tip from me is that if you run this tool as an administrator on some pc, the drag action gets no effect!

That's odd, and a new issue I have not been told about.
I have never tested running it as admin because I try to avoid doing anything that requires admin permissions.

This tool is a couple years old now, so just wondering, is this still the best way to get a VAM look ported back into daz3d?

Well, kinda/sorta in the same vein, and not that I'm in a rush to go and give them more money than they already had (or promote another website) but I did find these for a roundabout way of converting modern models to VAM and back again.

This is a super easy to follow and quite perfect way to convert from genesis2 to genesis9 (similar steps for genesis3 or 8 or any figure really)

I'm still stymied though by not being able to ever get the hair remotely right though :(

This is a super easy to follow and quite perfect way to convert from genesis2 to genesis9 (similar steps for genesis3 or 8 or any figure really)

I'm still stymied though by not being able to ever get the hair remotely right though :(

Nice tutorial video.

This tool is a couple years old now, so just wondering, is this still the best way to get a VAM look ported back into daz3d?

I rewrote the tool a year ago to also import the bone morphs and give it a GUI instead of command line, not sure if there are other comparable or more feature rich tools out there.

Nice tutorial video.

I rewrote the tool a year ago to also import the bone morphs and give it a GUI instead of command line, not sure if there are other comparable or more feature rich tools out there.

If it's your work you'll know this maybe. Any idea why I end up with a gigantic mound (like a rectangular baseball) where the vagina on a woman would be? I'm only using face/head morphs without including the genital morphs, and I haven't added genitals to my genesis2 base figure. The models I've tested that have this issue are podflower's. It's got to be something to do with me leaving genitals out, but, I left genitals out on purpose to avoid this issue.

The nipples are also messed up. I wonder if vam or daz are treating nipples as a genital part even though daz doesn't consider them to be as such? (The other clue is that the models in question have big tits so one of the main bodymorphs being exported from vam via your program is related to that.) The tits themselves and hips and such turn out perfect. But there's a giant mound I could manually delete between the legs. I'm reluctant to test more examples because this one went so badly. Do you happen to know if the morphs have to be used not on the stock base default genesis2 figure but some other genesis2 figure? (your exporter would imply I need to use "New genitalia for victoria6" Or heck maybe even "victoria6". I'm just using the free genesis2 base figure, because well I just wanted to test it to see if it worked.

TL;DR instructions on how to use? More detailed ones, if possible (or where did I go wrong?) I obviously followed the instructions almost perfectly as the face and tits and such morph just as expected. Sorry for the long rant, it's just so hard to know which detail matters and which is unrelated.

Sidenote: the fit clone works great (from the video) although the thigh bends for genesis 8 and genesis 9 are apparently different it's not that hard to guess how to fix it.

If it's your work you'll know this maybe. Any idea why I end up with a gigantic mound (like a rectangular baseball) where the vagina on a woman would be? I'm only using face/head morphs without including the genital morphs, and I haven't added genitals to my genesis2 base figure. The models I've tested that have this issue are podflower's. It's got to be something to do with me leaving genitals out, but, I left genitals out on purpose to avoid this issue.

The nipples are also messed up. I wonder if vam or daz are treating nipples as a genital part even though daz doesn't consider them to be as such? (The other clue is that the models in question have big tits so one of the main bodymorphs being exported from vam via your program is related to that.) The tits themselves and hips and such turn out perfect. But there's a giant mound I could manually delete between the legs. I'm reluctant to test more examples because this one went so badly. Do you happen to know if the morphs have to be used not on the stock base default genesis2 figure but some other genesis2 figure? (your exporter would imply I need to use "New genitalia for victoria6" Or heck maybe even "victoria6". I'm just using the free genesis2 base figure, because well I just wanted to test it to see if it worked.

TL;DR instructions on how to use? More detailed ones, if possible (or where did I go wrong?) I obviously followed the instructions almost perfectly as the face and tits and such morph just as expected. Sorry for the long rant, it's just so hard to know which detail matters and which is unrelated.

Sidenote: the fit clone works great (from the video) although the thigh bends for genesis 8 and genesis 9 are apparently different it's not that hard to guess how to fix it.

The tool is using the raw morph data (What is saved by VAM) before VAM's smoothing and subdividing, and skin physics routines move the vertices. These routines can "hide" some serious mesh issues that come across when you import into Daz. Daz itself has its own has its own smoothing and subdivide routines that can also affect the final product but I have found it is usually VAM's system's making some terrible mesh topography look good.

One easy way to check in VAM is User Preferences > Performance > Smooth Passes and set it to 0 that is close to what the raw mesh morph Daz is going to get looks like. The Gif is the model in the Default VAM scene you can see how much those passes change things.
Capture.gif

The Genital Area is a geo-graft that MeshVR attempted to reverse engineer how Daz does it but it is not 100% identical. The thing to remember is that the graft does not replace the actual body's vertices. The body's "genital" region still exists and is morphed with the rest of the mesh, you just never see it in VAM. So if it is bulging there that is because the morphs use to create the figure have made it that way.

Back
Top Bottom