UIAssist (Free)

Plugins UIAssist (Free)

Hi @JayJayWon !

I'll second what petussingus is saying. I use this plugin with my very old VaM installation and it works all fine. Now... i have made a new clean VaM installation and i can see the plugin interface only on the side of the main VaM UI (i use it in VR). If i set the option to show the UI on the wirst, the UI disappear.

It also seems that the plugin configuration is not saved even if i update the default session plugins preset (i'm using it as a session plugin, loaded as default session plugins preset).

Hey Jay! I did a clean install of vam 1.22.01 and uiassist. I can't see any thumbnails on uiassist, all buttons are blank white squares. Any advice?

This is both with default profile after install and with the separate demo2 profile. I did not change any settings. I remember when I installed an old version a year ago I had thumbnails.

If I assign a new thumbnail to a button, it works fine. It's just the demo2 and the default profiles. If I hadn't used uia before I would have been very confused indeed.
Ok thanks for reporting. I've fixed that for the next UIAssist release.

Hi @JayJayWon !

I'll second what petussingus is saying. I use this plugin with my very old VaM installation and it works all fine. Now... i have made a new clean VaM installation and i can see the plugin interface only on the side of the main VaM UI (i use it in VR). If i set the option to show the UI on the wirst, the UI disappear.

It also seems that the plugin configuration is not saved even if i update the default session plugins preset (i'm using it as a session plugin, loaded as default session plugins preset).
I think this is a different issue to the one reported by petussingus, but I have now fixed a bug that meant the UI was getting hidden when you switching in VR from the UI being attached to the VAMUI or hand. That will be in the next release, but I think you can work around it by toggling the 'Hide UI with Show VR Hands option'.

UIAssist config is not saved with the default seesion plugin preset. You need to save the profile using this optionin the plugin UI:
1680536778039.png

Thanks for reporting. How are you using it in VR? Is it attached to the VAM UI or to your wrist?
I'm not sure what you mean by "VAM Change Appearance Preset" - can you explain.
Thanks for responding! It's attached to the VAM UI, not wrist.
As to appearance preset, it's the one in the attached image. Note that this happens in VR only

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-05 013021.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-05 013021.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for responding! It's attached to the VAM UI, not wrist.
As to appearance preset, it's the one in the attached image. Note that this happens in VR only
If you can try and narrow down the circumstances that it disappears, so that I can reproduce - then that would be super helpful!
With VAM appearance preset load not working, can you explain more as to exactly in what way it doesnt work? e.g. "The Select Existing doesnt open a browser" or "pressing Load Preset button doesnt do anything" etc

I think this is a different issue to the one reported by petussingus, but I have now fixed a bug that meant the UI was getting hidden when you switching in VR from the UI being attached to the VAMUI or hand. That will be in the next release, but I think you can work around it by toggling the 'Hide UI with Show VR Hands option'.

UIAssist config is not saved with the default seesion plugin preset. You need to save the profile using this optionin the plugin UI:
View attachment 230251

Hi JayJay, sorry if i'm stupid but i can't find the 'Hide UI with Show VR Hands option'.
Saving settings now is ok.

JayJayWon updated UIAssist (Free) with a new update entry:

UIAssist v2.12 Update

This version provides a number of features related to the 'Real Clothing' toggle that was introduced in VAM 1.21 recently. In thi lastest version of VAM, every clothing item now has a toggle on the standard VAM clothing Adjustments page to indicate if the clothing item is "Real". By default every clothing item is set to be "Real". The intention of the toggle is to differentiate clothing items that are not real such as Hunting-Succubus' Eye Shading clothing items. These items (although...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How do I keep this plugin loaded after shutting down VAM? It doesn't stay in my session plugins but other plugins do like CUA Manager.

Hi, I'm a huge fan of this plugin (Paid). No one should be without it.
What I would love is for a button to be able to trigger another button, or (better still) for a trigger in the scene to trigger a button. Is that possible? If it's possible, can you schedule it for an imminent update, pretty please? :)

Hi, I'm a huge fan of this plugin (Paid). No one should be without it.
What I would love is for a button to be able to trigger another button, or (better still) for a trigger in the scene to trigger a button. Is that possible? If it's possible, can you schedule it for an imminent update, pretty please? :)
So triggering UIAssist buttons from a Scene trigger isnt really feasible without a major amount of work. I'm not sure why you would want a UIAssist button to trigger another UIAssist button - can you explain what you would use that for?

Hi i have problem with UIassist when i opened slowly loading scene.

These logs comes out and game goes stop.
!> Exception caught: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at JayJayWon.AtomUtils.IsMale (.Atom atom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.TargetControl.UpdateGazeTargets () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.UIAssist.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hi i have problem with UIassist when i opened slowly loading scene.

These logs comes out and game goes stop.
!> Exception caught: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at JayJayWon.AtomUtils.IsMale (.Atom atom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.TargetControl.UpdateGazeTargets () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.UIAssist.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
What version of UIAssist were you using? What version of VAM? What was the scene? Is it only one particular scene?

Hi JayJay... i started to re-configure all the buttons (after deleting the PluginData folder to be sure to start from fresh) and all is going fine... until now: Afte adding a second Grid, i configured the first button (R1C1 on a 3x3 grid) to load a pose preset but it seems that the Copy Button function is not working.

I click Copy Button on the first button but, when i click on Paste Button on the second button (R1C2), nothing happens.

Are you already aware of this?

NOTE: I changed few settings in the first button (text size, color and position).

Hi JayJay... i started to re-configure all the buttons (after deleting the PluginData folder to be sure to start from fresh) and all is going fine... until now: Afte adding a second Grid, i configured the first button (R1C1 on a 3x3 grid) to load a pose preset but it seems that the Copy Button function is not working.

I click Copy Button on the first button but, when i click on Paste Button on the second button (R1C2), nothing happens.

Are you already aware of this?

NOTE: I changed few settings in the first button (text size, color and position).
I'm not aware of that, and copy paste seems to work fine for me. Do you get any error messages in the Error Log? Could you try contacting me on Discord and send me the .uiap file with your configuration?

Is it possible for a button to select a clothing item for a person without using a preset? Like how you'd assign a regular UIButton to select a clothing item for a Person atoms Geometry. I've been trying to figure out how to do that via code, and wondering if you'd done in this plugin

Back
Top Bottom