Trigger Tutorial(s) for model reactions touching body parts from (Pro) Creator's

Lione

Reactions
I am so much struggeling on Triggers to experience a life like behavior.

For example a massage scene where my virtual hands massage the body and if i touch several parts the character should react to like moving body or head or moan.
This could also be sure a non massage scene if i for example touch hair or stroke cheeks so result would be the model would smile to me and move face in being attracted to what i actually stroke.

How do i do this ?

I am non pro even after hundreds posts ;)

So i would need a perhaps pictured guide or a video guide in how certain situations would end in a life like model behavior.
I am entire visual oriented and i struggle on text only workflows if its too complicated.

I am sure many here would appreciate such a Trigger workflow to create immersive experiences.

I know its much i ask for but perhaps this thread helps in growing with simple easy to pro workflows creators can add their hints.

Last edited:
i ain't a pro but you can do something like that in vanilla vam with collision triggers. place them around the body as hotspots, make them stick to the body, set the triggers to look for collision with the vr hands. then you just add the actions there. whenever the hands will collide with the triggers, the actions will be called

To do it more programmatically, my Colorful plugin is likely the closest example for something like that. I detect there collisions from code on stuff like top left inner thigh, forehead etc. But you have to code to do those

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that this plugin could cover what you're looking for:

You may want to take a look at the tutorials in the LogicBricks section here:

So you would use collision triggers, as mentioned by the others here and then have some logic that decides what to do, which animation to play, etc. For anything more complex, you will likely you will want to use StateMachine in combination with either Timeline or IdlePoser.

Thx a million so far for your helpful replies 👑

:)

I downloaded all recommended Tools and Video links to my Tutorials Folder and come back after a i analyzed all the content.

Hi, a short feedback.

So far i tried using this classic method a lot

buit it is mostly trial end error ;)

For example: set patterns and the attached collision trigger just often do not work for no logic reason then.
Sometimes they do work using the "loop" setting but with a single loop setting it is mostly issuing.

Means i touch the body part which has the pattern bound collider attached and nothing happens.
While using the pattern preview button the animation plays.

The collision trigger seems to loose its functions although all is set as it should.
This is really a confusing behavior since i do not find its reason in my workflow and i do follow all what is shown in the video.
Also tried a clean vam install and its same behavior with current vam.

And workflow wise i couldn't find a way to animate the lips or eyes using morph animations which i would need.

Are your experiences good here with that classic workflow or is that no longer technical supported?

For now i will jump over to Behavior and then i'll try Acid Bubbles mentioned Logic Bricks and Timeline workflow :)

Back
Top Bottom