• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Timeline

Plugins Timeline v6.3.1

I'm not sure if this is user error or not, but I want to create animations using a series of pre-saved favorite poses. For some reason the keyframes do not update when I switch poses using the Pose Presets function.

Any advice would be appreciated. I really do not wan to have to hand animate as I have some fairly extensive scenes to create.

@AK420 you have a button in advanced to key frame all enabled controllers in a pose, just keep in mind that if each pose have different enabled controllers, you may need to manually (de) activate key frames for those poses. If you have ideas on how to make this better let me know!

Hi Acid Bubbles, wonderful work as usual! I just updated my Timeline to the newest 2.2.4 version and for some reason I'm getting a weird error when trying to load it:

Compile of AcidBubbles.Timeline.127:/Custom/Scripts/AcidBubbles/Timeline/Cam Timeline.AtomAnimation.cslist failed.

Errors:
[CS117]: 'MVR.FileManagementSecure.FileManagerSecure' does not contain a definition for 'CreateDirectory' in <unknown> at [92, 35]

So far I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it without success. I also tried to manually install it into the directory, but same result. I at first unpacked the previous version before unpacking this one. When that didn't work, the earlier version was uninstalled before attempting to install the new one.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong venue for support. Please let me know and I will make sure to go through the proper channels.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Try updating VaM, this is am API that was added fairly recently... Sorry I have no way within the plug-in to fallback gracefully!
Thanks for the quick response! I was on VaM 1.9.2.0 and had some issues with the VAR packages installed. I took a clean copy of 19.x and updated that to 1.9.2.2 and that seemed to have fixed it.

Not sure what cased my original install to fail as it was working fine for a long time. Now I'm just waiting for my saved data to transfer over!

Hi AB. I noticed a bug which im not sure was happening before the latest update. Basically, if I add an the plugin to a person and then try to add the plugin again to the same person for a different animation - the first plugin instance wont play anymore. If I go to the settings of the first plugin instance, the scrubber works fine - but the play button doesnt.

I'm pretty sure ive added multiple animation plugins to the same person before, so I assume this is something since the update?

Seems the above issue is related to animation names. If I change the anim name in the first instance to something other than 'Anim 1' before starting a second instance of the plugin, it works ok. Looks like it doesnt like it when two instances of the plugin have the same anim names.

Acid Bubbles updated Timeline with a new update entry:

Timeline v3.0.13

Major features

- Layered animations (e.g. independent breathing, emotions and movement animations, each with their own sequences and events)
- Triggers (play sounds, transition colors, activate unity assets and anything that's triggerable!)
- New and greatly improved UI (collapsible panel, scrollable dope sheet and right panel, reorganized screens, screen dedicated to layers playback)
- Syncing of atom animations without the controller...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Timeline v3.0.14

- When rewiding a non looping clip, play it to avoid confusion about whether the plugin is playing anything
- Fix animations drop down not in sync after deleting a layer and only one remains
- Avoid a crash when opening the Add Animation screen and the next animation is invalid
- The "Play if not playing" trigger should play the current animation when others are playing

Timeline v3.0.14

- Fix issue where controllers would not register changes after playing a non-looping animation to the end, effectively ignoring changes on controllers
- New animation from current frame will not copy length, loop and next animation anymore
- Improve layer split naming
- Remove target now also removes it from all clips of the layer

Timeline v3.0.16

- Fix all triggers being deleted when resizing the animation
- Fix crash when pasting a clipboard entry with made on a triggers row on a time without a keyframe
- Fix storables popup clipped
- Avoid shaky curve line when very near zero
- Fix issue where controllers would not register changes after playing a non-looping animation to the end

Timeline v3.0.18

- Fix some syncing issue with non-looping animations extending their end time
- Fix randomize not working when only two potential animations exist
- Fix remove target not working (it should always remove the target on all animations of that layer)
- Virt-A-Mate 1.20 filterable popups support (backward compatible with 1.19)
- Virt-A-Mate 1.20 animatable requirement dropped (backward compatible with 1.19)

How can you use morph as a controller with the version 172 ? I can't see the geometry under the storable floats targets. Apparently all morphs are now animatable but I don't see them.

Last edited:
@Dubidubi this is a new Vam 1.20.0.7 feature... you have to "Fav" morphs you want, then go in the "Control & Physics 1" tab and press "Resync Morph Parameters List" (or alternatively, uncheck the "Only Show Favorite Morphs In Parameter Lists").

I was stumped by it myself in the last update :|

Timeline v3.1.2

- Fix possession mode not working when the possessed controller is an animation target
- Prevent "keyframes painting" when a controller is set to physics link or parent link (thanks vaako7 and oeshii!)
- Remove triggers now only affects current clip
- Fix for undeletable triggers track
- When loading a scene with a disabled Timeline instance, make sure Timeline is actually disabled
- Fix disabled atoms not re-enabling the UI correctly, and potentially losing data in some cases. Rely on...

Hey @Acid Bubbles . Firstly, great work keeping timeline updated. I have a question regards using timeline to create single scenes with multiple positions. IS this at all possible? In a perfect world, I would like to set up a single scene with several sexual positions and use a UI to switch between them. There seems to be no way to use timeline to switch pose presets.

I tried setting up a couple of animations with the person in 2 different poses, with zero blend time, but the transition is harsh; the physics go a bit mad.

Do you have any thoughts regards this?

The best way and easiest way is using Merge Load. This means each "pose" can have it's own targets, there's no physics issues, etc.. Otherwise, you could have transitions between poses, or toggle collisions off, switch animation, and toggle it on again a few frames later but it's more work if you just want to "teleport" characters.

Thanks AB. I think merge load might be the way forward.

Interestingly, as a test last night, I tried something out:
  • I took a person and saved two poses in different positions.
  • Added 2 UI buttons to switch the person between the 2 poses, which is instantaneous - or as you put it, teleports!
  • Created 2 animation layers in timeline with two different animations.
  • Added a timeline 'stop and reset' action to both the 2 UI buttons.
  • On button 1 I fire a play layer1/anim1 action, and on button 2 fire layer2/anim2.
Now, when I press the 2 buttons, the person instantly switches to the new pose, resets all animation, and plays the animation fired by the button. Seems to work quite well - although I haven't tried with 2 people yet.

Of course, merge load is far less work! But thought it was an interesting experiment regardless. Maybe somebody might find it useful.

Back
Top Bottom