Question Some general usability questions

medi3val81

Reactions
- In VR, if the menu closes while editing morphs or clothing or something, is there any way to open it back up to the screen you were just on without clicking the model, root, clothing, etc again?

- Is it possible to load motion caps from one scene in to another scene? I'm talking about scenes that have the "scene animation" tab populated. I can't seem to figure out how the animations get "loaded." I can't find a file-open or atom for this.

- If a person atom gets "lost," what is the best way to find them again? I've tried selecting the person-control atom from the select menu, but when moving that to 0/0/0 it only moves the "control" atom and not the person atom itself. Part two of this question, whenever the person-control node gets moved away from the actual person atom for whatever bug or reason, what's the best way to get it synced back up with where the person atom itself is?'

- What is the difference between "force" and "torque" in the rhythm force atoms? I can't figure out much of a difference between the two. On that note, is there a good SDK guide somewhere that documents this stuff?

Thanks!

- Not that I know of. Yes this is an ergonomic issue that should be adressed, even in desktop :)
- You can convert mocaps and use them in Timeline. Maybe this is what you should plan to try if you want to load and reuse mocap.
- gets lost how ? The root ( control ) should always move the character unless you disabled all subnodes of the person and it is "falling to infinity". You can reset pose to recover on last resort.
- force is push / pull, torque is rotation. To really see the difference, push a bit further the sliders, you will see a slight rotation appear :)

Upvote 0
If your questions was already answered, don't read this ;-)

-If you close the menu for some reasons and want it back in certain situations, just click on the button with the crossed tools on it in the lower right corner of the the main menue.
-Animations are a very special topic, even for more advanced VaM users. They can hide in different locations, but mostly in the scene menue. The safest bet if you want to re-use animations for your own scene is to use the scene with the animations in it, remove the stuff you don't need and put all your own stuff in there. Sound silly, but it helps. You can easiely use the animations (most of the time) with your own figure, if you safe your figure as an "Appearance Preset" (not as a look), and then select the person root in the animated scene and load the preset.
-If you click the select button in the main menu and select the person atom from the select menu, you should automatically select the person root. Click on the tools button, if it does not open the person menu automatically. If setting the coordinates in the move menu does not work for some reasons , try to look around and find the selected atom while having the manue opened. You should see the selector icon on it, even if it is far away.
-Already answered.

Wrote this from memory only.

Upvote 0
If your questions was already answered, don't read this ;-)

-If you close the menu for some reasons and want it back in certain situations, just click on the button with the crossed tools on it in the lower right corner of the the main menue.
-Animations are a very special topic, even for more advanced VaM users. They can hide in different locations, but mostly in the scene menue. The safest bet if you want to re-use animations for your own scene is to use the scene with the animations in it, remove the stuff you don't need and put all your own stuff in there. Sound silly, but it helps. You can easiely use the animations (most of the time) with your own figure, if you safe your figure as an "Appearance Preset" (not as a look), and then select the person root in the animated scene and load the preset.
-If you click the select button in the main menu and select the person atom from the select menu, you should automatically select the person root. Click on the tools button, if it does not open the person menu automatically. If setting the coordinates in the move menu does not work for some reasons , try to look around and find the selected atom while having the manue opened. You should see the selector icon on it, even if it is far away.
-Already answered.

Wrote this from memory only.

That "appearance preset" tip is going to be huge for me! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom