Question Got some questions

BStarG2

Reactions
Hi, some questions:

1) After downloading a lot of stuff here from the Resources hub, and after checking the content updates from VAM and so on (where I download missing dependencies, and updated versions of plugins, etc) I checked my AddonPackages folder and it's filled to the brink of explosion with dozens of repeated files of the same stuff. But they are different versions. For example, I have about 20 different versions of Timeline, about 5 or 6 versions of ColliderEdtior, something like 10+ versions of Expressions plugins, etc.

Do I NEED to keep all those versions? Or will VAM automatically use the latest version of the plugin if a Scene requires that plugin? (Or does the Scene require the specific version of a plugin even if it's an old one?)

2) I've spent quite some time downloading a lot of content recently, and from what I recall I'm pretty sure that most of the stuff I downloaded was already set in the proper Folder structure by the author (if it's in a .ZIP or .RAR archive it's usually in the proper structure from the start, only need to drag and drop and that's it). However, I've loaded some new Scenes I got recently and I'm getting a bunch of error messages about missing content. The Scene is looking for Textures, or sometimes for Morphs, and it tells me this (one example):

"Error during Texture load: Path [Disk Name]\Custom\Clothing\Female\[File Name].jpg is not valid"

I have that error for Textures but also sometimes for Morphs.

My question is... what's the proper folder structure then? Because I really don't remember downloading anything (so far) that wasn't already categorized properly in a good folder structure from the author of the stuff I got. I don't think I had to manually put something where it "should" go on my own (at least I don't think so, but I've downloaded so much in the past week I don't remember all of it).

I THINK the Saves folder also sometimes contain Textures there, maybe that's where it should go? I'm not sure (I'm still sort of newb by the way, folder structure stuff seems to be specific to certain Scenes and not actually universal for everything).

3) Is there any way to use DLSS or AMD FSR for VAM? I do have a pretty solid system but some Scenes are just bringing the poor system to its knees (only a few, but some do, especially ones with 2 or even 3 characters in the same Scene). Sure I know that Hair and Cloth simulation is part of the reason and stuff like that, I did play around with the available settings and it does help to a degree. But I'm past that troubleshooting for performance. Now I'm just thinking of DLSS and FSR, and I don't see those options in VAM itself so... obviously I see that it's not implemented officially. So if there's any workaround or 'third party' DLSS / FSR tools that are known to work for VAM in Desktop mode, please let me know.

Thanks.

1) You don't have to, but if you delete older versions of a plugin for example, VARs that call for a specific version of it will complain they don't have that version. Normally a more recent version doesn't break anything on a scene that calls for a older version, but there's always that potential. If you want to delete older versions and don't want to see the error thrown, you'd need to edit the VAR's meta.json to instead of a ".version" to call the ".latest".

2) Either you didn't follow the instructions from the creator, or you're missing a dependency that has those textures, or the asset or packaging from the creator was not done correctly. The default VAM folder structure is the one to use for maximum compatibility, but you can do it in different ways as long as the referencing is good. To fix it depends on what is broken, sometimes it's a simple thing other times the creator messed up and you can't fix it.

3) I don't know what those are, but don't expect miracles.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom