Question Timeline - Some questions [solved]

easy1954

Reactions
Hi Timeline-Users,
setting keyframes for animation is no problem but there are two questions I didn't find an answer and I can't find a solution by myself:

1. Play an animation from the Play-Button in the timeline is working for sure, but - what has to be done to make an animation made in the timeline to Run/Pause from the UI with the Play/Pause-Button there? Without diving into the timeline and start animation there.

2. Can triggers to start other animations or audio be set directly in the Timeline?

Sorry when these are noob questions; I really tried to find answers in the forum but didn't.

Greetz, easy

1. Play an animation from the Play-Button in the timeline is working for sure, but - what has to be done to make an animation made in the timeline to Run/Pause from the UI with the Play/Pause-Button there? Without diving into the timeline and start animation there.
The "Play" button on the main UI starts the "Scene animation". So it's not linked to Timeline.
But you can make a very simple scene animation with a single trigger, starting a Timeline animation. It won't stop when hitting "Pause", though.

Better solution: you can set a Timeline animation to start automatically on scene load. No need to click any button this way.

2. Can triggers to start other animations or audio be set directly in the Timeline?
Yep.

You can add trigger tracks in Timeline. From there you can do anything.
  • For starting another animation (on another atom, I suppose): when defining a trigger, select an atom having Timeline plugin with at least 1 animation, then select Timeline plugin and then "Play yourAnimationName".
  • For audio: when defining a trigger, select your AudioSource (e.g. "HeadAudioSource" for a Person atom) and the sound file to play. You'll need to add your audio file in the scene audio first.

Upvote 0
@ZRSX:
THX.

To triggers in timeline:
maybe I have tomatoes on my eyes, but WHERE and HOW can I set triggers in the Timeline? In which tab (Animations/Targests/Edit/Sequence/More...) on which button will triggers be created...?

Greetz easy

Upvote 0
maybe I have tomatoes on my eyes, but WHERE and HOW can I set triggers in the Timeline? In which tab (Animations/Targests/Edit/Sequence/More...) on which button will triggers be created...?
There are lots of things in Timeline, triggers are not the easiest to find.

You'll need to add one Triggers track, which is like a new controller, but for triggers. So you'll need to go to the "Add target" ("+") page:
1638781678149.png

Once you've clicked on "Add triggers track", you'll see it above all other targets on the left hand side of the screen.

Like other targets, select your "Trigger 1" target and go to the "Targets" tab to manage it.
1638781829088.png

Note that if you're on a frame without a trigger (there is automatically an empty trigger on the 1st keyframe of any animation with a triggers track), you'll need to click on "Create trigger" beforehand:
1638781954650.png

Then configure your trigger like anywhere else in VAM. Happy triggering!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom