Question 2 Questions

HiGuy69lol

Reactions
Hello... I'm new to VR and VAM. 2 questions - one is quick i'm guessing, the other may be more complicated.

1) When loading one of the new scenes I created, it places me floating 10 feet above the floor (characters). Can't figure how to lower myself or raise the scene and I can't seem to find an answer either - hence my question here.

2) When using the Embody plugin, how do I move through a scene without my legs dragging behind. (with all nodes red, except for hands and head) I've tried creating parents to the hip, then up to the head, but nothing works. (oddly, VAM seems to 'forget' my parent connections, forcing me to start over). I watched an older video on how to parent these, and which nodes need to stay green, but i'm still having issues. Is there a recent tutorial explaining this while using Embody?

All advice and tips are greatly appreciated.

Check your actual height in the main ui and if it is set to default and you are still 10ft in the air, it is the floor that is set too low. Have you tried spawn point by acidbubbles? If the nodes aren't saving with parent links, maybe save as pose or use Timeline plugin as that saves poses with all the node settings.

For legs lagging behind try setting the nodes position/rotation spring to max. (Click on the node you want then go to physics tab) hold spring is on top of the list. I haven't used these settings for what your looking for but I hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Check your actual height in the main ui and if it is set to default and you are still 10ft in the air, it is the floor that is set too low. Have you tried spawn point by acidbubbles? If the nodes aren't saving with parent links, maybe save as pose or use Timeline plugin as that saves poses with all the node settings.

For legs lagging behind try setting the nodes position/rotation spring to max. (Click on the node you want then go to physics tab) hold spring is on top of the list. I haven't used these settings for what your looking for but I hope it helps.
Thank you. I've learned a ton simply by doing... but some things aren't as easy. I'll try those.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom