Question "Appearance Presets" and "General Presets" for characters: a couple of questions

leviathan0999

Reactions
Patreon
leviathan0999
I mentioned elsewhere that I had started out using the "Look" and "Preset" buttons at the top of the "Control" panel for characters. I eventually noticed the note that said that these were deprecated, and we should use the "Presets tabs," and I've been learning to make my "go-to" characters into "appearance presets" and "general presets."

One slightly irksome thing I've noticed is that when I start from the presets, my characters revert to the default names of "Person" and "Person #_". I eventually learned to edit "looks" in notepad to change the character names to specific ones. I guess I can try to figure that out for the Appearance and General Preset files, but I'm wondering if there's a way to bake specific character names into the presets inside the VaM interface when I'm saving them.

Another question is whether "General Preset" characters can be saved in other poses than the basic "T." I dunno, I'd just really like to start them out in some more casual poses.

I'm sure I'll have more questions to ask about the presets, but these will be enough for getting on with.

That's the problem with Looks vs Appearances, the atom name in the latter is ignored and doesn't break scenes anymore:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom