Question Programming a Button trigger to load multiple appearance presets?

TreyWilly

Reactions
Hi! I'm new to Virt a mate and hope someone can help me please.

I am making a dance scene and would like to have a button trigger to change the appearance preset of the character. I would like it so that each time I press the button, the appearance preset changes to the next one, as set in the button control. When I set the button (using successive "load appearance with path" actions), it will rapidly change each preset, ending at the last one in the actions. Obviously I need to set the button to reset or stop after each pressing, until it is pressed again. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

The "simple" way would be to use animation pattern (1-2steps, no auto play, use animation triggers instead of triggers on each step).
Set each preset on different time (example 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and so on)
pause AP with each preset/timestamp (at end add reset AP trigger, so it loops back)

Use UIbutton only to "play" that animation pattern, so it changes preset everytime you press it (and it loops back after final preset).
You can also use button trigger to skip to specific preset (example currenttime 0.3 or whatever).

That's the basic example, but you can achieve same with timeline.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. Based on your answer I think I can figure it out. Basically I would be playing a very short animation, which is just the changing of the preset. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom