Answered How to Trigger timeline animation with button

boxing_bear

Reactions
Twitter
521leonardo
ik how to animate with timeline but i cant figure out how to trigger my animations with just a button ive looked online but nothing is helping hopefully acid bubbles can help

Acid Bubbles to the rescue! :D The short answer (can't do screenshots now though, let me know if a part is unclear and expect the wording to be incorrect!)

1. Add a UIButton (the "+" sign in the main menu, Triggers, UIButton, Create)
2. Open the UIButton panel (click, then wrench icon) and go to the Triggers tab
3. Add trigger, and add an action (in the "start" tab, should be there by default)
4. Choose the atom that has Timeline (e.g. Person#1), in storable choose Timeline (you can search, it'll be something like plugin#0_VamTimeline.AtomPlugin)
5. In the Param (third drop down) chose "Play THE_ANIM_YOU_WANNA_PLAY"

Let me know if that helped!

Upvote 0
Acid Bubbles has the correct step-by-step. I'm in there animating right now, so I figured I'd toss a couple of screenshots out there. In Acid Bubbles' "Step 3" above, you'll "Add a Click Action," give the action a name ("Start Animation" in my example below) then click "Settings..."

1632759752746.png

Acid Bubbles' Step 4 and 5 above will look like my image below. Choose your Receiver Atom (probably the person with the Timeline plugin, mine is called "Astrid") then the Receiver is the plugin itself (I recommend typing "time" or "plug" in the Filter box, as Person Atoms have a LOT of Receivers.) Receiver Target is "Play YourAnimation" (Mine is called "Wake Up" in the image below.)

1632759893759.png

Easy peasy!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom