Question How to import Acidbubbles' Timeline animations to a person with different position properly

Reactions
I started making an animation of head-shaking with Acidbubbles timeline on a person with standard T pose. As a reference, the Y coordinate of the person's head is about 1.615.

Later, I moved a person to a different location with a different pose, where now this person's head has the Y coordinate equal to 0.672.

Now when I am try to load the animation of head-shaking I make above to the person with current pose and play the animation, the person's head is pulled instantly to the place where her head is of Y coordinate = 1.615 and then shake her head. But what I want is that the person shake her head at her current location (Y coordinate equal to 0.672). How should I achieve this without having to make the same animation again at the current location?

By default, when the root is not detached, animations are relative to the root control. However if the pose is different, you have at least two options.

You could use the bulk offset tools (more, bulk, at the very bottom choose "pivot", start, adjust the start position, apply) - this will realign the whole head animation to where you want it to be.

If you're only interested in rotation, you could uncheck position in Timeline's Targets, expand the head control on the right, and there you can change it so it only affects rotation.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
By default, when the root is not detached, animations are relative to the root control. However if the pose is different, you have at least two options.

You could use the bulk offset tools (more, bulk, at the very bottom choose "pivot", start, adjust the start position, apply) - this will realign the whole head animation to where you want it to be.

If you're only interested in rotation, you could uncheck position in Timeline's Targets, expand the head control on the right, and there you can change it so it only affects rotation.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! But what do you mean by "root is not detached" and how to I choose to detach the root of not?

Upvote 0
In the "Control 1" tab of Person atoms, you have a toggle called "detach root". That allows you to move the "control" around without moving everything else, but that also breaks Timeline that relies on it. Once detached, everything becomes relative to the "root joint" on which you have no control over.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom