Question Timeline: How to load a pose into animation?

Wolforano

Reactions
In the timeline tutorial it says " You can use the built-in pose feature in the edit screen to load a pose when switching to an animation. "

Now I am in the edit screen and I already clicked all buttons. I can't find any button that says "Load pose", just buttons for saving poses and doing all kind of stuff with it, but I simply don't know how to load a pose :D

So, how do I load a pose into timeline so that all keyframes that are subject to the pose are changed?

Unfortunately the video tutorials do not cover poses.

Thanks in advance. :) (and really really awesome tool by the way!)

I have the same problem. In older Timeline versions loading a pose preset direktly baked the conbtroller position into the active timeline frame. Now I have to move forward/backward all relevant controllers from the loaded pose to bake theme into the active frame.

Upvote 0
Hi! There are a few different things here:

Automatically changing keyframes when loading a pose often broke animations as people loaded them as part of a trigger during playback. So it's by design that it doesn't do that anymore. (I'm talking about loading a pose through VaM, not Timeline). You can keyframe everything at once in More, Advanced Keyframe Tools, Keyframe pose (all controllers). Alternatively, you can temporarily enable Keyframe all controllers at once in the Options menu (when you move one controller, it keyframes all other controllers).

However the built-in pose feature of Timeline is similar but not exactly the same as the VaM pose. You can press "Save pose" in the Edit screen to save the current pose. It will load that pose every time you switch to that clip, and if you toggle Apply pose on transition it will also apply then pose during playback (e.g. during sequencing).

Upvote 0
Hey Acid! Thanks for your answer!

I didnt understand all of your post, but your hint "Alternatively, you can temporarily enable Keyframe all controllers at once in the Options menu (when you move one controller, it keyframes all other controllers)." works wonders. I just have to apply the pose and move the person anywhere a small amount (so you dont even notice the difference) and the pose is keyframed on all controllers. This basically leads to what I want to do, which is linking several poses to another so the character is moving fluidly.

Just linking 3 poses together already leads to great results! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom