Question Simple Animations

Virtual Voyeur

Reactions
So I have a scene that has some various poses that users can switch between. What is the easiest way to add random, looping, subtle animations like hand movement, head movements, to the various poses? I know there are many different ways, but I’m looking for simplicity and ease of use. Thanks!

I think that the simplest way would be IdlePoser, or maybe Timeline (my own plugin). Both have good documentation, video tutorials and everything to help you get started fairly quickly. There's also AnimationPoser based on IdlePoser but I didn't try it myself. I think there are tons of other options that will actually animate things for you (like Cue or E-Motion) if you're looking for something to do it for you. Glance / Life can also be useful to just give a little bit of life into the characters without animating the head/eyes yourself.

Upvote 0
Once again I can direct you to this example :)

All of the stations have looping idle animations. Out of the options mentioned by Acid Bubbles, it uses Timeline.
I think it's the best solution if you want to have control on what your character is doing.

If you don't care much about that, I'll add Breathe Deluxe plugin to the list, which has good micro-movements for no effort!

Upvote 0
Thanks to both of you! I’m having a blast learning this program! Everyday I get a little closer to understanding everything, thanks to great contributors like yourselves!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom