Question simple question on scene animation

r5k

Reactions
is there a way to toggle off control nodes from a scene animation after it is created? ie, i just want to leave them in an "off" state.

i have some mocap scenes that i'd like to modify by turning off certain nodes, and i don't know if what i'm attempting is even possible.

any help appreciated!

try "delete all animation for this atom" [something like that] in the atom control menu ... for me it works always ... with head, hands etc.
if you were meaning an animated listed timeline target you can simply delete it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for the tip, keycode. rereading my original post i could have been more clear... it's not so much turning off ALL control nodes, just some of them (for example, loose hands and arms but animated head/chest/pelvis).

Upvote 0
thanks for the tip, keycode. rereading my original post i could have been more clear... it's not so much turning off ALL control nodes, just some of them (for example, loose hands and arms but animated head/chest/pelvis).
It can be done with Timeline, transfer your mocap to Timeline, each animation in Timeline can have pose saved, so you can change your nodes state by switching Timeline animations

Upvote 0
you can delete one single node ("joint", a fucking joint!) animation if you look on each controller menu and eventually delete other triggered actions too (face poses, sounds etc. in the vam animation editor), for instance you can select as you were mentioning ...left hand control (or any other active control) and to clean away any related animation with both acidbubble timeline or with the standard vam motion capture. After you must just save the scene with your variations.
With timeline plugin riding your editing, of course, everything becomes more "easy" if at first you learn how to import with it a whole mocap animation. And yes, that is the best way to get personal variations and fantastic creative results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom