Question Chain scene animations together?

somecavanspacemen

Reactions
Hi,
Several of my favorite old scenes use the built-in motion capture animation method. My goal is to take several of the dances and put them together one after the other into a long scene for personal use. I can't figure out how to copy/save/etc the existing animations so I can build one new scene and just copy the animations into it one after another. Anyone have any tips? (I know something like Timeline is now recommended, but I really love these old scenes). Thanks!

Dont do it, your limited to 500mb per file and mocap data will fill that fast.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Several of my favorite old scenes use the built-in motion capture animation method. My goal is to take several of the dances and put them together one after the other into a long scene for personal use. I can't figure out how to copy/save/etc the existing animations so I can build one new scene and just copy the animations into it one after another. Anyone have any tips? (I know something like Timeline is now recommended, but I really love these old scenes). Thanks!
First transfer it to timeline, then export it as timeline animations, probably you want to "save pose" in timeline before exporting, in new scene add timeline and import all your exported animations.
And before you export your animations you might want to reduce the keyframes, to make the file size smaller.
You might need to change root position in your animations, use timelines "Move relative to root"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First transfer it to timeline, then export it as timeline animations, probably you want to "save pose" in timeline before exporting, in new scene add timeline and import all your exported animations.
And before you export your animations you might want to reduce the keyframes, to make the file size smaller.
You might need to change root position in your animations, use timelines "Move relative to root"
Thank you! For some reason I didn't realize you could transfer a built-in mocap to timeline, I'll figure out how to do that and work from there. I appreciate it :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom