Question Session plugins not behaving the same

Dubidubi

Reactions
Since I updated to 1.20, I loose all my session plugins when I load a new scene. That's quite annoying to reload all of them all the time.

You need to add a session plugin booter script to an empty atom in your default scene.

Upvote 0
You need to add a session plugin booter script to an empty atom in your default scene.
That's what I did and it worked perfectly fine in 1.19. But since the update, it's not working at all. Even manually loading session plugin, it all disappear the next time I load a scene.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I would be tempted to run VAM_updater.exe and under the options do a check/repair core.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I would be tempted to run VAM_updater.exe and under the options do a check/repair core.
I tried everything that I could think of and nothing work (including a fresh install), session plugins are getting reset every time I load a new scene.

Upvote 0
Very strange. All I can say is that session plugins are working fine for me, so I can't suggest anything else, sorry.

Upvote 0
NP man, thanks for trying to help. Just one last thing, can you upload your default scene when you have time?

Upvote 0
These seems to be an actual problem, and on purpose, I've had the same problem with the JayJayWon UIAssist tool. A booter won't help, since the booter needs session plugin functionality for its work to carry over!

Here is from MeshedVR's Patreon:

Walther Mathiasen
There is a problem with VaM 1.20.0.7 regarding session plugins. When I switch to a new scene, the previously loaded session plugin does not load in it.

Meshed VR

session plugins should really be called scene plugins because they are stored with the scene. Loading a new scene removes the previous set.

Upvote 0
OK, so I figured out why session plugins were apparently still working for me. I've been creating most of my new scenes using my default scene as a base, so the empty atom containing the SessionPluginBooter was being saved with each new scene. Sorry for the bum information regarding this. This new behaviour really sucks and I can't see any valid reason why it was removed. It's a backward step and we should petition MeshedVR to reinstate what we had in previous releases. Backwards compatibility is important !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah both would make sense (scene plugins and "permanent" plugins). I'd even say session plugins _are_ useless, and the booter thing is a workaround to have permanent plugins (or startup plugins or whatever).

Scene plugins can always use an empty object as their container, so I agree the usefulness of a special scene plugin feature is not great.

Upvote 0
Voted. This is what meshedvr said about it a few days ago on discord:
My bad on trying to fix the plugins reset issue on pose load it appears I broke session plugins from persisting. Frankly the current logic of session plugins was more like scene plugins and in that regard I fixed the issue of them not clearing properly. I had always intended to fix this so there could be both scene plugins and session plugins, and session plugins would load via user preference, not a scene file. I'll look into a fix on Monday.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom