PostMagic
Thank you for your prompt reply, that's too sad. However, the mentioned feature could indeed make scene creation visually more interesting. I once tried to achieve a similar effect by adding a transparent mask image in front of the window, but it would become misaligned when the FOV changed.
LogicBricks has a "ScreenFade" brick that can be used to achieve fade-to-black or similar effects for scene transitions or waiting on something to load.
If I remember correctly that works by literally putting a black cube around the camera that is just rendered after everything else. You could achieve black bars at the top/bottom in a similar way. Much easier than going via post-effects.

LogicBricks has a "ScreenFade" brick that can be used to achieve fade-to-black or similar effects for scene transitions or waiting on something to load.
If I remember correctly that works by literally putting a black cube around the camera that is just rendered after everything else. You could achieve black bars at the top/bottom in a similar way. Much easier than going via post-effects.
Thank you for your advice. I have tried the method you mentioned, but my scenes often involve changes in the Field of View. Whenever the FOV changes, this masking approach tends to misalign. That's why I was wondering if it might be possible to achieve a similar function from a rendering perspective through post-processing with Postmagic.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 134809.png

Screenshot 2024-03-23 134824.pngScreenshot 2024-03-23 134842.png

Using the existing Vignette feature of Postmagic, you can achieve great masking effects through parameter adjustments, and they are not affected by the FOV. But it's limited to circular, elliptical, and rounded quadrilateral shapes. I previously thought that applying the same principle to achieve black bar masking effects on the top and bottom would only require simple improvements to the parameters. It seems I was thinking too simplistically. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom