• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

PostMagic

Plugins PostMagic 4

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
MacGruber submitted a new resource:

PostMagic - Experimental post-processing effects for VaM

PostMagic adds post-processing effects to VaM desktop, partially also to VR. Some of the effects have issues or are even marked as experimental.

Before you get your hopes up, this release is identical to PostMagic v0.2, except for some necessary changes to make it work with the new VaM 1.19+ packages. I stopped working on PostMagic long ago, since it will be obsolete with VaM 2.xx. It would not be useful to make a heavy time investment in this.

This is using the 'Post Processing...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, I have a small issue with depth of field. When I enable it, I am seeing black dots, which seem to be corresponding to KernelSize. Looks like it happens when using certain outfits or jewelry and when sim physics are enabled. I also noticed that bloom freaks out in the same spot (very bright orbs), so I assume it's clothing fault, but not sure how should I fix it. Here's how it looks:

Yeah, known issue with degenerated triangles in badly modeled geometry. The PostEffects I'm using are very old and don't have a safe guard against this, yet. Newer versions would fix this, but I'm stuck with the old version hidden inside VaM. All PostEffect solutions for Unity out there assume you can add them in the Unity editor, they won't work when added from a VaM plugin. There is nothing I can do about besides implementing completely custom PostEffects, which I won't, due to the ridiculous amount of time needed for that (talking months at fulltime work).

Thanks for making this I always use and recommend it this makes my particles look way better!

I seem to have found a bug with this killer plugin and Vam1.20. The entire UI goes invisible at different points in the scene. It's there and you can click on settings but you cant see it until you move back to where it was visible prior. It took me a bit to realize it was this plugin causing the issue. It is acting the the hair bug that Vam has when you move a long distance from the center of a scene.

I seem to have found a bug with this killer plugin and Vam1.20. The entire UI goes invisible at different points in the scene.
PostMagic seems to work fine for me in VaM 1.20. I need more details which effect with which settings you are using. Also please define "entire UI"....its probably best to post some screenshots.

So I got around to recording the issue I'm seeing. The camera in Vam wouldn't record the actual issue so I had to use a 3rd party software "VR Capture". It seems to be directly related to the location of the atom I load the plugin on, and the location my HMD is at of the time of loading the plugin. I can load the plugin on a character and as soon as I back away my UI disappears. Moving closer it comes back. So as a work around I just make sure I'm far away before I load the plugin. I don't even have any of the effects activated. I'm not sure what is up with this but it started after I updated to 1.20. It only happens in VR as well. Desktop it works fine. I'm running WMR With a i7 processor and 16GB ram and the GTX 1070. I put the video of the issue and a screen shot of my Vam settings in a Google folder for you to view. I'm sure if you can't replicate it, then it is likely something to do on my end. I may just try to do a fresh install of Vam. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RcQq1TCXgX6gpgtXlk9wgO0xsYxBPe_2?usp=sharing

@Skippy111taz Very strange. Can't repro it here, I went like a 100m away. You have the PostMagic Manager active, so it's actively running. PostMagic takes a copy of the VaM main camera when it is first enabled to render the UI separate, so the post effects are not applied to the UI.

Can you try what happens when you disable the Manager and reenable it again? Since that pulls settings from the main camera again, it should make the UI reappear...same as loading the plugin in that place.

Also please make SURE you don't have any other plugins running that might interfere with this. Most likely candidate would be anything that interferes with the camera/effects/etc. There could be something running through auto-loading session or scene plugins, DLLs in CustomUnityAsset or just Empty atoms hidden in the scene somewhere. I had people send my scene to repro issue where there were 3-5 plugins running they forgot know about because they had been auto-loading for ages :D

Minor bug to report. The CameraHook Camera you add does not sync its FoV to the main monitor camera, so if a user adjust the FoV slider after enabling PostMagic, the UI gets rendered in wrong place. I think you will want some update every frame to keep it in sync.

This was discovered by @TheOriginalBatatis and I debugged in the Unity editor to see what was happening.

Minor bug to report. The CameraHook Camera you add does not sync its FoV to the main monitor camera, so if a user adjust the FoV slider after enabling PostMagic, the UI gets rendered in wrong place. I think you will want some update every frame to keep it in sync.

This was discovered by @TheOriginalBatatis and I debugged in the Unity editor to see what was happening.
Uh, the CameraHook updates the FoV already every frame in OnPreCull when not in VR? That worked before and its reading directly from the main camera. Didn't actually try now, though, so maybe something changed in a recent VaM version?

Hello there, for some reason i'm getting an error whenever I try to run postmagic, or even Manager for that matter. It's saying "The type or namespace 'manager' could not be found" And I know I have Manager. When I try to run Manager it gives me this big error string and i'm not sure what's causing it
boolean.png

@SecretSushii Are you trying to run individual *.cs files from the Internal folder? Please add the MacGruber_PostMagic.cslist directly from the VAR package. Also make sure you are not using some super old VaM version.

If that was not what you were doing, please make a screenshot of the entire error message (press the "Open Log" button)

@SecretSushii Are you trying to run individual *.cs files from the Internal folder? Please add the MacGruber_PostMagic.cslist directly from the VAR package. Also make sure you are not using some super old VaM version.

If that was not what you were doing, please make a screenshot of the entire error message (press the "Open Log" button)

Heya, so sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

So, My VaM is updated to the latest version (1.20.1.5) and I'm not sure exactly if i'm trying to run the individual *.cs files, I tried both manually installing the VAR package, and then deleting it and installing it through the in game Hub but i'm still getting the same error whenever I try to run Manager from the "Scene plugins" menu (Which is where I assume it's supposed to be ran from)

Here is the full error message:

Attachments

• Manager Error.png
    Manager Error.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 0
You seem to be trying to use individual *.cs files from the Internal folder, that does not work. Again, please use the MacGruber_PostMagic.cslist from the PostMagic folder inside the VAR package.

You seem to be trying to use individual *.cs files from the Internal folder, that does not work. Again, please use the MacGruber_PostMagic.cslist from the PostMagic folder inside the VAR package.
I was a bit confused by what you were saying until I realized I kept going to the wrong folder. :c I'm still learning how to navigate the UI. Thanks so much for your time 💖

Quick question bout this as i havent come across anything that explained where to put them - i have a folder of LUT files from another person that shared them and i was attempting to place them in the correct folder that would allow access to using them in postmagic but so far i have not found the right place. I am using the latest Var of post magic and i placed the folder of LUT's in custom/scripts/macgruber/postmagic as well as several other places and as of now i still only am able to choose the ones that are packed with postmagic initially. It's probably something super obvious i am overlooking but any help is appreciated.

thanks

When you load a LUT with PostMagic it defaults to the folder inside the VAR package. Just navigate to whatever folder you put your LUTs.
VaM's file browser is a bit weird:
  1. In the "Current Directory" column (the blue one) click "AddonPackages" to get out of the VAR.
  2. If you have LUTs in another VAR, you can select it here.
  3. If you want to further up click "Root" and you are in the VaM install directory. Then just navigate to your Custom/Scripts/etc. folder.

hm, i clicked around thinking i could do that but i always seemed to end up back at the var directory. ill have to try again.

is there any way to have a bloom script that effects only the chosen objects , like say using it on a unity asset that is a street lamp , but without the bloom effecting the whole scene and character atom, like MeshedVR has the furniture lamps that have a bloom effect.

Trying to use PostMagic to include a simple LUT in my scene but I keep suffering from the bug where the menu will fail to appear in VR after a scene reload.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to diagnose exactly what is happening in my scene but it seems to be sporadic and unpredictable. Sometimes the VR menu will work in some areas of the scene and looking in some directions, but other times it will fail in the same place. I've tried moving the postmagic atom around to see if that has an effect and it seems to, but again unpredictably.

In a basic test scene with 1 person and the Postmagic atom at the scene origin the menu will reliably fail to appear when standing at +2m in the X and +Z direction, -4m in the X direction but seems to work at seemingly unlimited distance in the -Z direction.

Back
Top Bottom