PostMagic
How to instal that plugins ? where should i add it and what file (there are so many if i try postmagic :)
  1. Place the VAR package in your AddonPackages folder. Don't unpack it.
  2. Add "MacGruber_PostMagic.cslist" to some atom in your scene, doesn't really matter which. I recommend adding an "Empty" atom just for this and name it "PostMagic", so you can find it easily, though.

I have been having this bug where the UI disappears entirely forcing to force quit, also when trying to save scenes or looks, as long as the plugin is enebled the screenshot is blank black.
I tried enebeling each of the effects one by one and it only happens when antialiasing and TAA are enabled.
(P.S. All of the above in Desktop Mode)

Does the SA license apply to producing videos/images or just VAM asset manipulation/distribution?
If I made a movie with your vignette effect, would that have to be SA?

Does the SA license apply to producing videos/images or just VAM asset manipulation/distribution?
If I made a movie with your vignette effect, would that have to be SA?
CC-BY-SA license applies only if you redistribute/modify the package, so you are good.

Careful with packages marked as "NC" / non-commercial by other creators, though, that would apply to everything you do.

I hope the bug, where the UI disappears, could be fixed someday. Then this plugin will be perfect.

I hope the bug, where the UI disappears, could be fixed someday. Then this plugin will be perfect.
I thought it had to do with my WMR but I'm experiencing it with my Quest2 as well. And I'm not about to reinstall Vam for such a minor thing. The only other solution I found was to make sure the Plugin is disabled before saving. And when you activate it, make sure you're far away from the plugin atom. If you accidently save your scene with the plugin activated, then open it in desktop mode to get the UI back, then disable the plugin and save again. Hope this helps.

I thought it had to do with my WMR but I'm experiencing it with my Quest2 as well. And I'm not about to reinstall Vam for such a minor thing. The only other solution I found was to make sure the Plugin is disabled before saving. And when you activate it, make sure you're far away from the plugin atom. If you accidently save your scene with the plugin activated, then open it in desktop mode to get the UI back, then disable the plugin and save again. Hope this helps.
Thanks! It definitely help.

Good afternoon. Thank you for this incredibly useful resource! I have a question about the LUT plugin.

When using the LUT file included with neci's Cammy vs. Claudio scene, I get red areas on the highlights. Is this intended? What can be done about it?

VaM_5gVloKoqut.png

When using the LUT file included with neci's Cammy vs. Claudio scene, I get red areas on the highlights. Is this intended? What can be done about it?
LUT is just a Look-Up-Texture. Pretty simple effect. It takes the RGB color for a pixel as coordinates in the texture to come up with a new color for the pixel. Therefore you can just do something like this:
  1. Take a representative screenshot of your scene
  2. Open Photoshop, GIMP or whatever image edit software you use.
  3. Apply all color shifts you like, for example color balance, contrast, brightness, etc. Just take note of what you do in what order and with which values. Keep in mind that you can't use effects that affect neighboring pixels, such as a blur, etc.
  4. When you are happy with the result, just take the neutral LUT texture from the PostMagic package and apply the same effects in the same order and same values to it. Save it under a new name.
  5. Use your new LUT with PostMagic, you have the effects from Photoshop/GIMP/whatever now in VaM applied to the scene.

LUT is just a Look-Up-Texture. Pretty simple effect. It takes the RGB color for a pixel as coordinates in the texture to come up with a new color for the pixel.

I mentioned that the new LUT is already provided with the Cammy package, thus there should be no reason for me to create my own and duplicate someone else's work.

In fact, I'm attaching the LUT to this reply so you can see if it's formatted properly. Maybe it's for an older version of PostMagic or something? Or corrupted?

Attachments

• SFV_trn_near.png
    SFV_trn_near.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
I mentioned that the new LUT is already provided with the Cammy package
Ah, I assumed you added PostMagic on your own.
Format for the LUTs never changed, so there shouldn't be a compatibility problem. Not sure what's going on, but looking at your LUT, there are 3 suspicious looking pixels in the upper right corner. These would cause usually white pixels to have that color. LUT format is pretty simple, each little square maps red/green channels (vertical/horizontal)....the blue channel determines which square is used. So, upper right corner is color 255, 255, 255, aka white.

So, the solution is simple: If a creator (@neci) ships broken stuff on their Patreon, you should probably contact that creator.
(Edit: Neci, while you are on it....you probably want to use the LUT32 instead, using LUT16 just reduces the amount of colors too much. Value range 0...255 for each channel is reduced to 0...15. With LUT32 you get at least 0...31, which is already noticeable.)

1662581837310.png

Last edited:

Not sure what's going on, but looking at your LUT, there are 3 suspicious looking pixels in the upper right corner. These would cause usually white pixels to have that color.

You are quite correct, that was causing the issue. For now, I've modified neci's LUT so that it works now. I'll contact them later to see if they want to use it in a future version of their Cammy scene. In the meantime, I've attached it here for anyone else who might want to use it.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• SFV_trn_near-fixed-01.png
    SFV_trn_near-fixed-01.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
WMR, Reverb G2
UI just disappear
If you scroll back in the discussion you'll see i had the same issue. In fact I still do. I have found a work around though. Open the scene in desktop mode and disable the plugin then save the scene again (This issue is only in VR mode). When in VR you must move yourself back away from the center of the scene but make sure to look back at the center of the scene, then activate the plugin. Anytime you save the scene just make sure to disable the plugin first.

I'm thinking the issue with the plugin has something to do with the Depth of Field feature in it. Because if you activate the plugin while close to the center of the scene it's fine until you back away. The UI will disappear, first the top portion then the bottom portion. But if you move back in close to the center of the scene, the UI will come back. This is happening on both my WMR and Oculus Quest2. I have also tried reinstalling both the plugin and VaM with no change.

So what I do now is make a button in my scenes that will turn the plugin on and off so I can quickly turn it off before saving my scenes. Hope this helps.

maybe new update for this best plugin .. ?
Nope.....copy&paste from another thread:
(...) PostMagic can't be improved or fixed. I would have to implement new post-effects from scratch, since off-the-shelve effects won't work when applied as VaM plugin. Would need hundreds if not thousands of hours which I just don't have. For VaM 2.0 Meshed will likely be able to implement some off-the-shelve post-effects in a fraction of the time.

Hello, can you help me ?
Is there's a way to make Plugin Works with Window Camera ?
This one is Editor Camera =
Screenshot_10.jpg

This one is WindowCamera =
Screenshot_11.jpg

As you can see the Editor Camera is showing the Postmagic working, but when I press M to view camera, it's not working

As you can see the Editor Camera is showing the Postmagic working, but when I press M to view camera, it's not working
I see no obvious difference between your two screenshots, I assume you are going for a very subtle effect?
Just tried with the Desaturate LUT, works fine? 🤷‍♂️

Note that some effects work with pixel radii or depend on the FoV and/or camera position. So you may need different settings when using WindowCamera. For example Bloom or DepthOfField. For the later you can use the AutoFocus option (needs an "Empty" atom with the name "AutoFocusPoint" in the scene).

Regular view:
1683990693218.png

WindowCamera:
1683990705656.png

Is there any fix for SUPER MEGA BRIGHT glowing from some clothing? Or, at least, a hints on where should i fing a reason for such glow?

Attachments

• bandicam 2023-06-15 04-36-54-883.png
    bandicam 2023-06-15 04-36-54-883.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
Is there any fix for SUPER MEGA BRIGHT glowing from some clothing? Or, at least, a hints on where should i fing a reason for such glow?

I've had this issue rear its ugly head on many occasions. The issue seems associated with certain clothes and unfortunately it is bug I have never found a work around to, despite much fiddling. I too would like a solution to this if anyone has one.

@Ticket @mastermike8800
Known issue caused by degenerated triangles in badly modeled geometry. It causes a division by zero because one edges of the triangle is zero length, which results in a NaN value, which stands for "not a number", a special value CPUs can produce to indicate that kind of math issue. The problem is that any following operation that involves on of these NaN values, will also result in NaN. Basically there is likely just one single pixel "broken" because of a bad triangle. But with effects that require values from neighboring pixels, the error spreads. That gives you those white (or black) areas, depending on which effects you use.

The PostEffects I'm using are very old and don't have a safe guard against this, yet. Newer versions would "fix" this, but I'm stuck with the old version hidden inside VaM. All PostEffect solutions for Unity out there assume you can add them in the Unity editor, they won't work when added from a VaM plugin. There is nothing I can do about besides implementing completely custom PostEffects, which I won't, due to the ridiculous amount of time needed for that (talking months at fulltime work).

The proper fix in any case is to not use badly modeled assets.

Back
Top Bottom