Question Plugin (freeware ?) for keep loaded look between scenes (or between little parts of one big scene), forgot name.

5DVoom

Reactions
Folks, remind please name of this plug, do i right understand that this is not UI Assist ? (or not only)

Not a plugin but part of VaM, you lock the preset:

Upvote 0
Hmm....thanks ! Even better ofcourse if that. Did not knew.
Strange, i remember that seen in hub new stuff list such exactly plugin, with this description (maybe month ago). Maybe i wrong understood something however.

EDIT: maybe meant ability to keep Appearance ? between scenes (not the preset only). Or this is the same ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The lock is done on whatever is loaded. This can be a appearance, clothing, skin, etc.
It has some downsides too, like if the next scene calls for some clothing changes and you locked clothing or appearance, it won't load new ones or remove existing,

Upvote 0
If you're keeping everything in one scene and are just looking to move seamlessly between positions, using PosePresets works well for that. Just make sure you select the 'store root node' option on the PosePreset and you can load multiple character poses at the same time with a trigger. Of course, there's no animation or anything, but it is a seamless way to switch between, for example, a pair of people standing together to them being on the bed together without loading a new scene.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by keeping appearance between scenes though...if you change scenes, I don't think there's any way for VAM to 'remember' the appearance you have loaded on one character and automatically apply it to another in the new scene.

Upvote 0
If you're keeping everything in one scene and are just looking to move seamlessly between positions, using PosePresets works well for that. Just make sure you select the 'store root node' option on the PosePreset and you can load multiple character poses at the same time with a trigger. Of course, there's no animation or anything, but it is a seamless way to switch between, for example, a pair of people standing together to them being on the bed together without loading a new scene.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by keeping appearance between scenes though...if you change scenes, I don't think there's any way for VAM to 'remember' the appearance you have loaded on one character and automatically apply it to another in the new scene.
There's the locks that prevent any loading of whatever type is locked (appearance, clothing, etc). This is useful for multi-part scenes, not so common anymore, but has its downsides too.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom