Question Syncing between two computers

JohnTW

Reactions
Hey, there!

I have two Windows PCs that use VAM on with a Quest 2. One is a desktop, the other is a high-end laptop (the desktop is much faster, but is in a room that's usually got other people in it.) I have both HUB and Patreon assets in use.

The problem comes when I customize something on one of them - say, save a custom appearance or fiddle with a scene. Now (obviously) one PC has the new content, and the other does not. As it is, the install is ~150 gigs, so copying it back and forth takes a considerable amount of time, whether I use an external drive or my network, and that entire time both PCs are tied up.

Is there any better way to sync the two systems across a network?

Thank you. I will look into that.

Do such programs require that the folders be shared on the network? I have two (adult) kids in the house that also use the network, and I'd prefer they not stumble into it.

Upvote 0
There's different ways to have it working, check online for guides on a setup that works best for your usecase.
There's also other options for file syncronisation or delta copying, some very simple, others more complicated.

If your adult kids are network savy enough they may find out about it depending on how you do things, or they may also advise on options. Shit, maybe they know about VaM already and you're all hiding from one another in the house :LOL:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom