• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Switching between cameras via keyboard

Barf

Reactions
Is there a way to set up different camera angles, play a scene and switch via keyboard between angles? Where can key bindings to change a camera view be defined?

Sure....assuming you are going for a "security cameras" thingy I would recommend Embody on an Empty atom and Keybindings to bind it to a hotkey. While Embody is active the camera is "locked". Press "Escape" or open the UI to return to normal player camera.

Example scene:

Use "Scan Hub For Missing Packages...." to find everything you need for the sample scene:
1716626424702.png

In the scene there are 3 "Empty" atoms, each with an Embody plugin as well as a CustomCommands plugin, which exposes Embody "Active" trigger to Keybindings.
1716625935003.png

1716626143119.png

To make this work you will need to add Keybindings as a Session Plugin and assign some keys to the exposed commands:
1716626734259.png

1716626210257.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still got a stupid question... I've made the example work, no prob, but when I try it in another scene, I get this in the keybindings screen. There are empty atoms with Embody and CustomCommands, also with that same name...

1716644610605.png

Upvote 0
If you would load another scene that uses the same CustomCommand names, Keybindings would automatically link the hotkey to that as you load the new scene. But your current scene doesn't have them, that's why it says "[unloaded]". Commands will stay there until you restart VaM, reload the plugin. You can also save them as a permanent Keybindings profile. You can probably explicitly remove them by assigning them to "nothing" (have not tried).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom