Question I keep getting plugin errors in nearly every scene

Reactions
I'm fairly new to VAM, but I keep getting plugin errors in almost every scene I've tried, especially those with Acid Bubbles Timeline. Usually the error is "file not found," though more recently I also got a "can't write to this" error.

I always download scenes directly from VAM Hub (within the application), and don't touch them at all after. I've tried reloading the plugins within a scene by navigating to the .cslist file, but that doesn't solve it. The only thing I can think of is it is in a pretty long directory - could that be causing the issues?

The result is always that the scene loads, but most creator-made UI controls don't work, primarily "play" buttons to play any animations.

I would start by running vam_updater.exe and check Core integrity to see if nothing's broken. Also check you don't have VAM in a restricted folder of some kind.

One thing that is very useful to have, especially when you start having a bloated VAM, is to have a clean VAM folder copy. Yes, you can have multiple VAM folders, they don't interact with each other. A basic setup of a playing VAM and a base VAM folder somewhere else is very handy when problems like yours occur.

How could this help you now? Get a fresh base VAM (vam A) to start with a clean slate and keep it somewhere as is for whenever you need it without having to download it again. Now make a copy (vam B) of this clean VAM (vam A), it will be used to try some scenes you have in your main VAM (vam C).
Copy a couple of scenes from vam C to vam B, get the dependencies you may be missing, and try playing those. Do they still have the same errors? Hopefully not, you're using a clean enough VAM, but if so share the error log.

vam A - a clean base VaM with no user added packages
vam B - a vam A copy where you'll be adding downloaded VARs and try them out
vam C - your current main VaM that has everything you downloaded and is spewing out errors

Upvote 0
Like atani said, the "can't write" errors could maybe because of read/write protected folders.
Many locations on your C: system drive are somewhat protected, so maybe you want to try an other drive for VaM.
That "pretty long directory" is somewhat suspicious in this regard.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom