• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question I keep getting plugin errors in nearly every scene

Reactions
I'm fairly new to VAM, but I keep getting plugin errors in almost every scene I've tried, especially those with Acid Bubbles Timeline. Usually the error is "file not found," though more recently I also got a "can't write to this" error.

I always download scenes directly from VAM Hub (within the application), and don't touch them at all after. I've tried reloading the plugins within a scene by navigating to the .cslist file, but that doesn't solve it. The only thing I can think of is it is in a pretty long directory - could that be causing the issues?

The result is always that the scene loads, but most creator-made UI controls don't work, primarily "play" buttons to play any animations.

I would start by running vam_updater.exe and check Core integrity to see if nothing's broken. Also check you don't have VAM in a restricted folder of some kind.

One thing that is very useful to have, especially when you start having a bloated VAM, is to have a clean VAM folder copy. Yes, you can have multiple VAM folders, they don't interact with each other. A basic setup of a playing VAM and a base VAM folder somewhere else is very handy when problems like yours occur.

How could this help you now? Get a fresh base VAM (vam A) to start with a clean slate and keep it somewhere as is for whenever you need it without having to download it again. Now make a copy (vam B) of this clean VAM (vam A), it will be used to try some scenes you have in your main VAM (vam C).
Copy a couple of scenes from vam C to vam B, get the dependencies you may be missing, and try playing those. Do they still have the same errors? Hopefully not, you're using a clean enough VAM, but if so share the error log.

vam A - a clean base VaM with no user added packages
vam B - a vam A copy where you'll be adding downloaded VARs and try them out
vam C - your current main VaM that has everything you downloaded and is spewing out errors

Upvote 0
Like atani said, the "can't write" errors could maybe because of read/write protected folders.
Many locations on your C: system drive are somewhat protected, so maybe you want to try an other drive for VaM.
That "pretty long directory" is somewhat suspicious in this regard.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom