george.constanza

Reactions
Patreon
Hello,

While using a Quest 2, I open Virtual Desktop and launch SteamVR from it; from within SteamVR I open VAM, which loads into the game but without controller support; I can press the menu and find my controllers working on the menu, but not within the game; any ideas what could be wrong?

I've tried using AirLink directly as well, and while it works at some point, it takes 3-5 tries: I open VAM, the Quest menu shows that it's loading, it goes dark, the game closes, the 3 dots from Quest shows and I'm logged out from AirLink back to Quest standalone menu, then I repeat this process a few times until it works. Is this normal or is there some fix for it?

I'm using a 5Ghz connection to my PC, wired via CAT8 to the router; specs are a gen3 samsung evo nvme, rtx 4090, i9 13900k and 64gb ddr5 at 6000mhz, drivers all up to date

Thank you

Hi George, that is not the way to use VD (Virtual Desktop). VD does not use Steam. If you bought VD on Steam then get a refund it's the wrong one for the Quest 2, you need to buy it from the Quest store. If you got it from the Quest store then the best way to use it is to make a .bat file. This is what VD say's .......>

Additional Notes. You can launch games that aren't part of your Oculus or Steam library by right-clicking the Streamer icon in the system tray, selecting "Launch Game..." and locating the executable. Alternatively, you can inject games through a batch file (.bat) by using: "C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "[ExecutablePath]". Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom