Quest 3 controls acting wonky when launching VAM through Virtual Desktop?

CitizenKing

Reactions
Per the title. I downloaded Virtual Desktop so I could use passthrough while in VAM, but when I launch the game my controllers don't work correctly. First they don't show up at all and I have to hold down the meta button to minimize VAM+VD and go back to the main quest menu. This brings them back when I re-enter, but they're located a few inches above my hand and I cannot pinch or grip anything. No change of my VR preferences seem to affect this either.

Is this a common problem with a simple fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had same problem when I launched VAM from a shortcut on the desktop - in OpenXR mode. Launch your VAM from the VD icon in taskbar - Launch Game.

For me, VAM always starts with SteamVR when I start it from Virtual Desktop. How do I get it to start without Steam VR?

So my solution was to actually make a .bat file to launch VAM through VD.

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "??:\VaM_1.20.77.9\VaM.exe"

First make sure your extension settings allow you to change file types by changing the ending with a . designation (.txt for notepad, .jpg for pictures, that kinda stuff). You can pretty easily find out how to do this via google.
Create a new notepad file.
Copy+Paste "C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "??:\VaM_1.20.77.9\VaM.exe" into the file, quotation marks included.
Retype the file paths to whatever you have on your computer.
Save the document as whatever you want ending with .bat, I for instance have mine as Virtual Desktop VAM.bat
Double click the icon and it'll launch the game. It should also avoid SteamVR, but I haven't tested that since I already use OpenComposite.

Back
Top Bottom