• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Quest 3 controls acting wonky when launching VAM through Virtual Desktop?

CitizenKing

Reactions
Per the title. I downloaded Virtual Desktop so I could use passthrough while in VAM, but when I launch the game my controllers don't work correctly. First they don't show up at all and I have to hold down the meta button to minimize VAM+VD and go back to the main quest menu. This brings them back when I re-enter, but they're located a few inches above my hand and I cannot pinch or grip anything. No change of my VR preferences seem to affect this either.

Is this a common problem with a simple fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had same problem when I launched VAM from a shortcut on the desktop - in OpenXR mode. Launch your VAM from the VD icon in taskbar - Launch Game.

For me, VAM always starts with SteamVR when I start it from Virtual Desktop. How do I get it to start without Steam VR?

So my solution was to actually make a .bat file to launch VAM through VD.

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "??:\VaM_1.20.77.9\VaM.exe"

First make sure your extension settings allow you to change file types by changing the ending with a . designation (.txt for notepad, .jpg for pictures, that kinda stuff). You can pretty easily find out how to do this via google.
Create a new notepad file.
Copy+Paste "C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "??:\VaM_1.20.77.9\VaM.exe" into the file, quotation marks included.
Retype the file paths to whatever you have on your computer.
Save the document as whatever you want ending with .bat, I for instance have mine as Virtual Desktop VAM.bat
Double click the icon and it'll launch the game. It should also avoid SteamVR, but I haven't tested that since I already use OpenComposite.

Back
Top Bottom