Newbie question - Can't properly launch VAM with Quest 3.

Helix

Reactions
Hello,

I've recently gotten myself a new pc and the Meta Quest 3 for VR games, one of the titles I was very looking forward to was VaM, but unfortunately I can't seem to launch/play it properly.

Thus far I've tried to launch VaM both with Virtual Desktop and with the Link cable, both don't work properly.

Virtual desktop:
Upon launching VaM either via the VaM Updater > VR LAUNCH the game will just start as usual with Virtual Desktop, that being just a virtual computerscreen floating in front of you and having very limited option. Basically I can't seem to launch it as if I'm in the 3D reality of the game itself, just replacing my physical screen with a virtual one.

Link cable:
Upon launching VaM with the Link cable I'm not even getting into the menu, but forever stuck sitting in a large white room with a grid and the VaM loading screen in front of me, never changing.

I'm at a loss at what I'm doing wrong, I hope anyone here might be able to help me with this, I would be very grateful.

System specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF 3.20 GHz
32,0 GB RAM
ROG STRIXX RTX 4070 TI

Hope this helps. I start the streamer for VD on the desktop. Then put on the headset and load VD. When the floating desktop appears, I go down to the tray part on the lower right, click to expose the streamer icon, right click on it and select launch game. Then a windows explorer window opens and I scroll to where VAM is installed and select the VAM exe and then open and then VAM starts. This method bypasses Steam for me

Hope this helps. I start the streamer for VD on the desktop. Then put on the headset and load VD. When the floating desktop appears, I go down to the tray part on the lower right, click to expose the streamer icon, right click on it and select launch game. Then a windows explorer window opens and I scroll to where VAM is installed and select the VAM exe and then open and then VAM starts. This method bypasses Steam for me
Yeah, this works, but you can do that easier.
Make a *.bat file on your desktop like this. Then start VD on your headset and doubleclick on it. This also bypasses SteamVR but its just a doubleclick (dont forget to replace your path to Vam.exe):

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "F:\VR\Clean\VaM.exe"

Hello,

I've recently gotten myself a new pc and the Meta Quest 3 for VR games, one of the titles I was very looking forward to was VaM, but unfortunately I can't seem to launch/play it properly.

Thus far I've tried to launch VaM both with Virtual Desktop and with the Link cable, both don't work properly.

Virtual desktop:
Upon launching VaM either via the VaM Updater > VR LAUNCH the game will just start as usual with Virtual Desktop, that being just a virtual computerscreen floating in front of you and having very limited option. Basically I can't seem to launch it as if I'm in the 3D reality of the game itself, just replacing my physical screen with a virtual one.

Link cable:
Upon launching VaM with the Link cable I'm not even getting into the menu, but forever stuck sitting in a large white room with a grid and the VaM loading screen in front of me, never changing.

I'm at a loss at what I'm doing wrong, I hope anyone here might be able to help me with this, I would be very grateful.

System specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF 3.20 GHz
32,0 GB RAM
ROG STRIXX RTX 4070 TI
man! that is really ....xxx! sorry for your issue! if it is your first time playing vam with your new powerful pc and the very good quest toy, I would try to reset each VD setting to default, to restore vam core integrity and of course you have to launch vam vr directly in (virtual desktop) desktop view. And patiently waiting till vam interface start appearing. Quest 3 and 4070rtx is the best gpu/headset mix you could buy. To play vam you should not uuse/activate the oculus air-link ... or oculus cable-link, much better graphic quality through virtual desktop.

ps: VD discord has a very good help team and install procedure tutorial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom