Question Making Water in Unity for VAM

Vanredravend

Reactions
Anyone know a good resource or tutorials on making water or water based assets in unity for CUA , compatible with VAM. I.E. how to make for pools, beaches , grotto , rivers, sewers etc. For instance as texture workflows, or physics.

You will need a Unity water shader and add it to your water plane. All the effects are done by those shaders and they will add settings to control them directly in your materials tab. It is a bit of tinkering around and boring try-and-error, but IMHO no whitchcraft. There are a few free ones around... AFAIR even in the Unity asset store. If you will look at those shader's descriptions, you might find some sort of a tutorial as well.

Upvote 0
Yes, you have to create an environment in Unity according to the tutorials. Add a plane for the water, add a material to it and within this, add the water shader and a water texture. Adjust the water shader's settings as you like. Then save it as an VaM compatible asset according to the tutorials. Watch it in VaM, then do everything again, as long as you are happy with your creation.

Upvote 0
waterfall.gif

Upvote 0
wow that's cool, I would like to know how such assets are made. I found something, if you are interested in creating water with physics then here is a video

Upvote 0
That looks great, but please don't make my brand new PC burn and melt with that particles in VR ;)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom