Question How to add water to a pool in a pool asset in unity so it works in VAM?

Lione

Reactions
I bought a pool asset recently and it comes with a water texture but there is no water then if i move that texture over to the shape and open the asset i converted in vam.
Its just a blue texture and there is no water as it should be.

In Unity it looks like that

water4235235.jpg

And exported in VAM like that. Same texture no water at all.

1667058189.jpg

I have seen that there are some FX effects in Unity which are labeled water 4, water fx, water pro and so on.
Do i have to attach some FX effects to the 3D model somehow same as i added the pool water texture?

I tried to add / apply that FX Materials to the Object instead that water texture but afterwards in unity as in VAM there is still no physical water. It just skips that and you see a blank plate instead water. There is something there after adding the FX yes but this blank placeholder is not rendered or visable activated in Unity and neither in VAM .

325235235233.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not too sure about what's possible on unity's side but before someone who knows can answer you you should use import the model without the water texture and use this plugin instead : https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/collision-interactive-water-rigs.15077/
I think you'd need to rework the water texture you've been given, and animate it then import it but I don't think it's possible to import "physical" water.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom