Question How do i accurate enlighten a unity environment in Unity so it looks accurate enlightened in VAM

Lione

Reactions
I bought a outdoor bath / pool asset recently and if i open it converted in VAM it is ugly dark looking although it is textured and looks nice in Unity.

import.jpg

Currently to show it up bright as it is i would have to add like 20 single invisible lights allover the asset but that cannot be the workflow.
I am doing something wrong in the unity creation.

The pool asset original pictures show a beauty yellowish sun light with shadows displayed on the pics which i sure would also add if that is possible .
Do i have to add the asset lights or sunlight as a plugin and light sources in unity and attach such to the asset somehow so they will be integrated in VAM?
And what kind of light sources are needed in Unity and where to place them usually so it looks good in VAM afterwards and i could use that as a normal workflow?

The Pool Project / Source FBX has zero sunlight attached and i wonder what i have to do here.
There is indeed a object category Sunlight in the asset dropdown ( Asset list with all single objects ) but it says VRAY so i guess it is just there for another tool and i may have to add a own set of lights or sunlight in Unity.

In the Unity material category there is a sunlight material listed but i cannot move this sunlight over to the scene since its a material.
What would that need then to be attached? A additional light in the main scene and i drag drop that sunlight and it changes to a sunlight?

It has been so much work to even texture the asset and now it looks like crap dark as the night opening in VAM ;D

If anyone knows a bit how to proper add beauty lightning to assets which will work then in VAM that would be very helpful.
If it is a already available lightning guide sure also appreciated as long as it can be used then in VAM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom