Question How do I import this lightning bolt effect (Unity) in VaM

Reactions
I found a free source of lightning effect (only 1.2mb) but when I imported it to VaM, nothing was shown:

There were indeed prefab files and the lightning runs perfectly in Unity but it does not show in VaM CUA... Does anyone know why?

Or in general, how do we properly import any particles system of Unity into VaM like the awesome stuff made by the author hazmhox?

I found a free source of lightning effect (only 1.2mb) but when I imported it to VaM, nothing was shown:

There were indeed prefab files and the lightning runs perfectly in Unity but it does not show in VaM CUA... Does anyone know why?

Or in general, how do we properly import any particles system of Unity into VaM like the awesome stuff made by the author hazmhox?
Damn. That is really neat! I wish I had the ability to make that work. I'm trying to find a lightning bolt effect for a He-man animation I'm making in VAM. Effects don't seem to be easy to come by.

Upvote 0
I'm no expert on that aspect but I tried once to make a very simple asset with a basic use of Unity particle system: it did work immediately, without having anything specific to do to transfer it to VAM.

Have you used the correct Unity version? Also, there are several types of projects in Unity, I've no idea if they all work for VAM...

@hazmhox, any tips?

Upvote 0
Yup.

These are not plain particle systems. These are simple line renderers with script attached to them. You'd have to build prefabs, export them as CUA without the scripts. Then rebuild/rewrite the script as a plugin for VaM. Assetbundles can't contain scripts. You could build a dll, but it's a pain in the ass to do for a simple script like that.

You can @ creators with @haroldwithlove ;)

Particle systems are easy to convert as prefabs as long as you do a plain and simple particle effect. No script. That's pretty much it when it comes to making VFX for VaM : )

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom