Question Can we edit the VaM Custom Unity Assets in Unity?

Reactions
Maybe someone has already asked this, but I wonder if we can reverse the process to importing the Custom Unity Assets from Unity? Namely, can we import an asset from VaM back to Unity (with obj/fbx plus textures) and modify it there?

I don't mind if there is some information loss when exporting back to Unity.

Hi Harold,
there are tools called "Unity Ripper". I think, I can tell you this, because it is somewhat public knowledge.
With this tools you can do exactly what you have asked for.
And as you already said, you will lose some informations, so you have to edit those ripped stuff in Unity.
For complex scenes, it is sometimes almost as much work as doing the scene yourself, but at least you will have the models.

BUT most likely this is against some copyright rules and some creators wouldn't be happy about this.
Please: at least NO SHARING (without asking the creator)!
Creating an Unity asset is a form of piracy protection. It is meant to publish stuff that might contain copyrighted content.
So, tools like mentioned above, might even be illegal to use for some content!
Please take this into consideration.

Upvote 0
Hi Harold,
there are tools called "Unity Ripper". I think, I can tell you this, because it is somewhat public knowledge.
With this tools you can do exactly what you have asked for.
And as you already said, you will lose some informations, so you have to edit those ripped stuff in Unity.
For complex scenes, it is sometimes almost as much work as doing the scene yourself, but at least you will have the models.

BUT most likely this is against some copyright rules and some creators wouldn't be happy about this.
Please: at least NO SHARING (without asking the creator)!
Creating an Unity asset is a form of piracy protection. It is meant to publish stuff that might contain copyrighted content.
So, tools like mentioned above, might even be illegal to use for some content!
Please take this into consideration.
Thank you TToby! (as always). Of course, I will surely adhere to any copyright rules. Most of the VaM materials are open-sourced. As our community gets bigger, there are more watching eyes hopefully...

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom