Reactions
FallenDancer submitted a new resource:

Joint Correct - A Joint Correction Morph system for Virtamate

JointCorrect is my amateurish corrective morph system for G2F figures
in Virtamate 1.20 and later. I have no prior experience with JCM
systems and only a fleeting understanding of anatomy. In my
experience it usually produces better results than the default
system. However it is not perfect and some poses which may have looked
good with only the native system may look worse with JointCorrect.

JointCorrect is a work in progress. Constructive criticism is welcome...

Read more about this resource...

I have not tried your plugin yet, but very cool idea (2.X will have JCM implemented natively as it is very important for G3/G8 models).

I took a quick look at your code, and it looks like you are calculating angles. The DAZBone components you are using already get angles calculated as part of the VaM system, so you can likely avoid this calculation cost in your plugin. Examples:

var rCollarBone = rCollar.GetComponent<DAZBone>();

Quaternion2Angles.RotationOrder rCollarBoneRotationOrder = rCollarBone.rotationOrder;
Vector3 rCollarBoneAnglesRadians = rCollarBone.GetAngles();
Vector3 rCollarBoneAnglesDegrees = rCollarBone.GetAnglesDegrees();

These angles are actually used by the Triax skinning system that was recreated in VaM, so it follows all DAZ rules for how angles are calculated. The RotationOrder is important to know which is the primary and secondary axis. Most bones are XZY on Genesis 2 figures, but some are odd like the collar, shoulder, and hand bones which are ZYX. Forearms are YZX. And feet are XYZ.

The calls to GetAngles just return values that were calculated already on the skinning thread so they are very efficient to use.

Thank you for the input. I only recently found the DAZBone object. I was not aware it had the current rotations. I will investigate this for future versions.

this is the most needed plugin as well as the timeline (I don't understand why no one took up this for so long), now he is in the very early stages of development, but I want to wish this author of this project every success!

Hey very nice as always =) But in version 10 there is an ugly deformation in the armpit area. Everytime when the arms are near the body like just hanging down, the armits are going way inside the body. i didn't had it in version 9. Any idea whats the problem ?

Hey very nice as always =) But in version 10 there is an ugly deformation in the armpit area. Everytime when the arms are near the body like just hanging down, the armits are going way inside the body. i didn't had it in version 9. Any idea whats the problem ?
Can you send me a before/after image? I'm revisiting the armpit area anyway because the morphs there touch too many vertices. This may be something I have already fixed (for 11) but I just want to make sure.

Could I bother you to make something like this, but for muscle flexion morphs?
It's on my long list of things to look into but I haven't decided how yet. My thought so far is to compare the joint's current angle with its physics-targeted angle and use that as a sort of "tension" to measure flex.

Can you send me a before/after image? I'm revisiting the armpit area anyway because the morphs there touch too many vertices. This may be something I have already fixed (for 11) but I just want to make sure.
yes of course sorry didnt noticed.

Hey, i made two screenshots, i tested it with version 10 and 9... 9 does the same oO maybe i didn't notice it before.
Left is with base body on, right off. You can see it right in the armit area...
VaM ArmpitDeformOn.png
VaM ArmpitDeformOff.png

Hey, i made two screenshots, i tested it with version 10 and 9... 9 does the same oO maybe i didn't notice it before.
Left is with base body on, right off. You can see it right in the armit area...

This is exactly the problem I have been working on. I've got a much more trimmed and tightened morph for 11 which is under review right now.

Thanks for your work. It's amazing how default DAZ body is messed up. Could you add morphs to create those "dimples" when legs are spread aside?

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    126 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your work. It's amazing how default DAZ body is messed up. Could you add morphs to create those "dimples" when legs are spread aside?

Not easily. The outstanding gracile is two-axis dependent and requires coordinated body and genital morphs that span really awkward topology. I've made about 10 attempts at it already and will probably make another 10 but am not hopeful.

Thanks for answer. I've also encounter a bug yesterday. Look how vagina area goes under the ass and strange cavity appears around leg joins:

Attachments

• JointCorrect11.jpg
    JointCorrect11.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for answer. I've also encounter a bug yesterday. Look how vagina area goes under the ass and strange cavity appears around leg joins:
That looks like double morph application. Did you delete or disable previously installed versions?

I've deleted 10. and have only 11. in AddonPackages folder and only one is visible in package manager. Maybe it's just my body... I've used "Zero all morphs" and the effect is still there but slightly less visible.

Last edited:
I can't reproduce the anus fold. The leg problem is one that a lot of models will have. Once a character morph moves the bend points around it can get out of whack very quickly and there are a lot of morphs that do this. I plan to work to mitigate this or at least improve the thigh bend morphs but I'm not sure how to solve this since I end up having to edit my character morphs to move those points back to where they should be.

Does this work on futa?? they desperatly need something like this... but i see no difference when i try it...

Does this work on futa?? they desperatly need something like this... but i see no difference when i try it...

Sorry Weeb. I don't think it does. You could try unpacking the var and moving or copying the morphs from female/FallenDancer/... to male/FallenDancer/... but I don't know much about futa.

Can i ask who the model used for the thumbnail is?

She's one of my own I named Claire. I don't know how I'd be able to publish her though since I know she started with someone else's look long ago but I don't remember whose. Once I pull them in to sculpt and modify the textures I lose track of where the originals came from and wouldn't be able to properly credit the original authors.

Back
Top Bottom