Answered Is there a way to select a body part with a UI button or likewise?

LogicX

Reactions
NOob here,
But slowly learning.
Im having trouble grabbing the Penisbase with my hands in VR. So I wonder if this can be done with some kind of button or somehting to do that selection for me.. Im on VR so a keyboard shortcut would not solve it..

Thanks

Keybindings plugin by AcidBubbles. I have often used body parts mapped to the numpad, like 8 is head, 7/9 are hands, 5 chest, 4/6 knees, 2 hip, 1/3 feet and 0 being the root node.

Edit: If you want it in VR, you will likely need your own plugin. Although might want to check whether UIAssist has something like that (never used that, though)

Upvote 0
Hi, only for the case you maybe not know this, but you can select different scene elements and person joints from the menue. There is a button with an arrow (pointer) on it, down right in the main menu. Press it and you can select the person atom. If you select it, you will get a list of the different joints. Select the penis base (for instance) and it will be highlighted and is more easy to find. You can move it around with the "move" tab, if you can't grab it. Though, I only use the female figure most of the time, so I don't know exactly, if you actually can select the penis base and not only the pelvis.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip @TToby ,
Yes I found that menu, however I was kindof looking for the quicker type of selecting during play, like a single click shortcut or similar, so I dont have to delve into details..

Upvote 0
Sorry @LogicX , but the quickest way of selecting in VR by far is with the controller pointer. If you can't grab a point, move your had or the scene (with grab move) to change the perspective a bit, zoom in (with grab move) and pause the eventual movement with the button in the main menu. Selecting through menu is only for the worst cases.
Sorry, I have a Valve Index with the very exact Lighthouse tracking, don't know what you are using, so I may be not as sensitive for this issue as I maybe should be.

Upvote 0
No problem at all @TToby
We're all having fun here :p
Im just trying to figure out the most convenient way of simplify "playing" this "game" with minimal technical interventions like opening menus several clicking and these things that stop the happy flow.. and in play mode its even harder to "grab-hold" for instance the male hip since I cannot see the dots.. hands and other excrements are easier to grab..

Btw, it seem that VAM does not respond to my keyboard input when Im in VR, is that correct understanding or something I can change?
Im on Rift S and its my first headset so Idk maybe I should upgrade someday..

Upvote 0
Maybe the missing info here is that in VR you can select multiple times to cycle through the objects in the selection cone. In Desktop mode you can cycle through objects under the cursor by pressing C.

Other than that you might want to try my PowerHandles plugin as it allows you to scale the selection handles so they don't overlap:

Upvote 0
I see.
So I dont have to lookout for a cone somehwere.. its invisible:cool:. But clicking again will cycle select..
I have noticed that sometimes around the pubic area..
Thanks

Upvote 0
Like @MacGruber said, there is a certain chance of selecting a single point or a nearby point in VR instead of the point you are directly aiming at, which is very irritating first. To visualize it as a cone is a good idea, I didn't had think of. You can somewhat circle through that points in VR, too. Yust do selection with the controller at the same spot several times in a row, and each time you will somewhat select one of the other points in reach (or in that cone). Though, it is still fine for pure selection, but it is a bit clumsy for grabbing (and moving) a point. This needs a good amount of tinkering around.

Edit: OK, I had overseen that you already gave yourself this answer... so please ignor my double posting. Maybe someone else reading this might found it a bit helpful.

Upvote 0
Ok Solved.
Its all about workarounds isnt it?;)
Instead of trying to grab/select the tricky bodybart during play, I simply added a small sphere in the nearvicinity, connected to the bodypart. This sphere (could be any type of object outside of the body) can easily be grabbed and now allows me to remotely control th bodybart.
Thanks @TToby and @MacGruber for guidance.
/

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom