Question Is there a plugin, or way, to have an additional UI window?

3rdStoryline

Reactions
Is there a plugin, or way, to have an additional UI window?
I'm trying to do a ton of little adjustments, that require me to reference another menu of a different Atom. And switching back and forth constantly is killing me, and wasting so much time. (using the Copy and paste option won't work in this situation.)
- Is there a plugin or built-in way in VaM to have two UI Menus up at the same time?

PS: I'm borderline considering just opening VaM twice, and put the other one on my second monitor to do this if there isn't any other option. :LOL:

PPS: Not really looking for a UI overhaul either. I'm comfortable with the current VaM, and don't want to have to re-situate my self.

Last edited:
As I work mostly in Desktop mode, I regulary take screenshots of UI menus for reference. E.g. using Windows Snip&Sketch:
Hit WIN+SHIFT+S, then drag an area. Clicking the notification that comes up in the lower right opens a window with the image. You could have your screenshots open on the other monitor?

Fun fact: The tool puts the screenshot into your clipboard, meaning you can just paste (CTRL+V) it here into the forums (or Hub resources), which automatically attaches the image to your post. You can also paint things into the image, e.g. to highlight something. Great to show someone which button to press or whatever.
1686375533438.png

Upvote 0
As I work mostly in Desktop mode, I regulary take screenshots of UI menus for reference. E.g. using Windows Snip&Sketch:
Hit WIN+SHIFT+S, then drag an area. Clicking the notification that comes up in the lower right opens a window with the image. You could have your screenshots open on the other monitor?

Fun fact: The tool puts the screenshot into your clipboard, meaning you can just paste (CTRL+V) it here into the forums (or Hub resources), which automatically attaches the image to your post. You can also paint things into the image, e.g. to highlight something. Great to show someone which button to press or whatever.
View attachment 255273
Funnily, That's what I ended up doing, I think I did like 40-50 snips, and just put them all as a layer in Paint.net. Although I had forgot what the hotkey was to start it! And ya I also just do desktop mode while making a scene, then I hop in VR after xD. There are some up sides to VR, Like positioning things are just way faster, but all the UI work is waaay too tedious in VR, and definately not worth the benefit of positioning things faster. :p Thank you for taken to a moment to help out!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom