Question Is there a way to troubleshoot crashes via a logfiles or similar?

droner654

Reactions
From time to time, usually upon first scene load, I encounter an issue where the scene freezes (e.g. headtracking stops) and then oculus seems to restart itself (and the regular screens go black and come back-- with VAM still open). I then need to close out VAM and restart oculus to get it going again. Is there some way to look at what is triggering this via logs in VAM or through the oculus? I can't seem to nail down what exactly it is that triggers this-- thus the question...

system-rtx2080ti, 128gb ram, threadripper 3970x

The error log contains all critical informations. You could potentially use Acid Bubble dev tools to get a bit more informations.
But if it is a freeze of the headset without VAM crashing, there is a lot of chance that you won't see much in the logs... and there is no written log in the game folder to debug that.

Upvote 0
It can happen that a plugin or VaM itself does throw an exception that is neither caught by the plugin or VaM and goes through to Unity. Then it ends up in the log file. Copy&Paste this into the WindowsExplorer address bar:
%appdata%\..\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt​
Acid's dev tools which were mentioned by @hazmhox probably forward these logs into the VaM log windows. However, except when hunting a bug you wouldn't want all that spam.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom