Question Is there a way to rotate entire scene on Y or Z axis?

SaturnGFX

Reactions
I know pressing the thumbstick down allows rotation on the X axis, but I would like to rotate the entire scene/world (or just POV) on the X or Y. I've looked around and it doesn't seem possible from what I have seen. I am hoping I just overlooked something.

Why? Well, given I am sitting down, scenes that say, do doggie style, would force me to go into some weird kneeling position on my floor to have it immersive. I seen another VR program that had a from behind scene where the entire world was rotated 45 degrees, and even though I was sitting down, it truly felt like I was kneeling behind the woman. The next scene was a 90 degree rotation in missionary and again, fully immersive (gravity even worked "correct" by going at the same 90 degrees)

Seems like a no brainer, but again, cant find where this is done. Can I get a bit of help here?

Acid Bubbles' Passenger plugin can do this.
  1. Attach Passenger.cs and ImprovedPOV to the person you want to possess.
  2. (Optional) Adjust the person's head to point the way you want to look.
  3. In the settings for Passenger, enable Rotation Lock.
  4. (Optional) Increase Rotation Smoothing to reduce motion sickness.
  5. Enable Active to turn it on.
  6. If the angle isn't right, adjust X rotation (and any others you want). This rotates the world view, not your head.
  7. (Optional) Go to Menu > Navigation and press Possess, and then possess the hands.
  8. Have fun.
It's a little different from full possession, since you can't turn your head with this. Also, the smoothing really makes a difference in comfort.

To speed up this process, you can save the two plugins and their settings (after step 4) as a Plugin Preset. Then just merge the preset to the person when you open a new scene.

Whether you save it as a preset or not, you can also lock the Plugin Presets so that you can go to the next scene (merge load only) without having to do it again (as long as the other plugins don't need to change).

Upvote 0
Acid Bubbles' Passenger plugin can do this.
  1. Attach Passenger.cs and ImprovedPOV to the person you want to possess.
  2. (Optional) Adjust the person's head to point the way you want to look.
  3. In the settings for Passenger, enable Rotation Lock.
  4. (Optional) Increase Rotation Smoothing to reduce motion sickness.
  5. Enable Active to turn it on.
  6. If the angle isn't right, adjust X rotation (and any others you want). This rotates the world view, not your head.
  7. (Optional) Go to Menu > Navigation and press Possess, and then possess the hands.
  8. Have fun.
It's a little different from full possession, since you can't turn your head with this. Also, the smoothing really makes a difference in comfort.

To speed up this process, you can save the two plugins and their settings (after step 4) as a Plugin Preset. Then just merge the preset to the person when you open a new scene.

Whether you save it as a preset or not, you can also lock the Plugin Presets so that you can go to the next scene (merge load only) without having to do it again (as long as the other plugins don't need to change).

Does this work the same with Embody? (since Embody contains both as sub-plugin?)

I know pressing the thumbstick down allows rotation on the X axis, but I would like to rotate the entire scene/world (or just POV) on the X or Y. I've looked around and it doesn't seem possible from what I have seen. I am hoping I just overlooked something.

Why? Well, given I am sitting down, scenes that say, do doggie style, would force me to go into some weird kneeling position on my floor to have it immersive. I seen another VR program that had a from behind scene where the entire world was rotated 45 degrees, and even though I was sitting down, it truly felt like I was kneeling behind the woman. The next scene was a 90 degree rotation in missionary and again, fully immersive (gravity even worked "correct" by going at the same 90 degrees)

Seems like a no brainer, but again, cant find where this is done. Can I get a bit of help here?

There's an old-school plugin called "freerotate.cs" (on the old reddit somewhere, methinks) that allows advanced navigation & viewport control via thumbsticks (you can even roll - ie. rotate the view around the forward (z) axis). Drawback is that 1) Only works with the OcculusXR runtime, not SteamVR, and 2) It temporarily (!) overrides VaM's native navigation whenever you do smth with it.

Point 2) means that it doesn't always play nice with Embody or Passenger in certain situations - for some reasons, if you rotate beyond 45° around the x-axis ("looking down") and then try to rotate around the y-axis ("look left/right"), it will instead move your viewport's position backwards ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom