Question Is there a way to improve the scene menu ?

Virtyourmate

Reactions
Website
hub.virtamate.com
Hi, so the main VAM scene menu is great for about 5 mins and then once you go over 100 scenes and looks and assets the entire thing becomes an unweildly mess :(

Yes you can try to organize it via the a to z or old to new but for what ever reason 50% of the content is in the wrong place for reasons I cant explain.
New is not in the new and its all over the place but worse I cannot organize stuff into folders outside of hidden or favorites.
I literally install a var and spend minutes searching through the scenes as the search rarely finds it :(

Also the more vars I make or install the slower it all becomes :(

So is there a secret menu which is more streamlined ?
Or has someone made a plug in ?
Or anything which can allow me to have put my work in 1 place and fav in another and basically be really anally retentive and super organize everything into categories....:)

And a way to optimise the software or folders to run faster the larger it becomes?

Thanks for helping...

Last edited:
There is an option in the settings to skip the start screen and load the default scene right away. I have set an empty scene, no characters, just a woodpanel as floor, so it loads super fast. Then I just use the old "Open Scene for Edit" button (yellow folder with arrow icon) which opens just a file browser, so you can select VARs and folders explicitly rather than "everything".

Upvote 0
I'm with MacGruber on this one, and do the same as he does. Improved load times, let's me set my own organization in a typical folder hierarchy, new to old ACTUALLY works.

The new style scene menu is pretty, but as you've found, it can get pretty disorganized and quickly.

Upvote 0
Is there some software which helps remove bad scenes and looks or just ones we dont want as there seems to be like 1500 limit on the browser ? I downloaded some of those horror scenes recently and they were way to clever for their own good in VR and I not only did a big NOPE but i needed to removed them asap to blank the memory of a naked troll beast sculling down a corridor towards me in the dark haha but even after locating the VAR which had auto installed to an odd place there were other parts of it which kept showing up outside of the addon folder. And even when we update scenes from 1 to 2 due to revisions we still have those old ones kicking about taking up space and some creators make like 12 in a row haha

Do you know of a plugin which removes in the same way that ingame it auto installs ?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom