Question Is there a way to disable the male atom without breaking the scene?

Ged366

Reactions
Sorry if it has already been asked but I can find anything about this.

I would like to know if there a way to hide/ disable/ remove a person atom from a scene without breaking it.

The best would be to fully replace the male atom by a dildo, I don't know if this is possible?

You can turn off any atom. For a male or female atom see the top left checkbox:

The male atom and a dildo are different kind of atoms. You can get rid of the male and add a dildo in its place, but you can't convert a atom to a different atom.

About breaking the scene, no idea, depends on the scene and what the male is doing or not. Try it and see.

Upvote 0
You can turn off any atom. For a male or female atom see the top left checkbox:

The male atom and a dildo are different kind of atoms. You can get rid of the male and add a dildo in its place, but you can't convert a atom to a different atom.

About breaking the scene, no idea, depends on the scene and what the male is doing or not. Try it and see.
I already tried to uncheck this box but it seems to break any scene I tried, all actions stop and the female go in standby.

I would just like to disable the male to save some resources, I find a bit unfortunate to waste physic calculations and skin textures on a thing barely noticeable in VR (unless there a mirror in the room).

When I said a Dildo that because I saw this in VamX instructions guide :

To use a dildo / penis instead of a male: If a male is shown, press the Male tab, then press Hide Male. Press the Other tab -> Sex Toys -> then press any icon with a penis or dildo image. It may feel more immersive (and uses less computer power) to have a dildo instead of a full male character.

But just keep the male genital part visible to keep track of what is going on in the scene would work as well, I don't know if it's possible?

Upvote 0
I don't know how VamX does it, perhaps using some clothing item that makes it invisible or something.
The male itself has a much lower impact than females usually do. If you're not using the male actively then disable soft body physics, take off hair and clothing. You might still need collision on if there's any penetration happening, but if not turn it off too.
On the females side the usual culprit eating FPS is sim clothing and hair iterations. Reducing those will have the most impact usually, the male is scraps in comparison. Lights are another major hit, but this is harder to adjust.

Upvote 0
I don't know how VamX does it, perhaps using some clothing item that makes it invisible or something.
The male itself has a much lower impact than females usually do. If you're not using the male actively then disable soft body physics, take off hair and clothing. You might still need collision on if there's any penetration happening, but if not turn it off too.
On the females side the usual culprit eating FPS is sim clothing and hair iterations. Reducing those will have the most impact usually, the male is scraps in comparison. Lights are another major hit, but this is harder to adjust.
Yes I'm slowly learning how to adjust all these things to get better performance, but yesterday I tested to uncheck the box you talked above on the male atom, it made my fps jump from 45 to +65 so there still a hit.

I will keep looking to see if someone released a model with very low poly specifically made for FPS view but until now I cant find anything.

Upvote 0
Use the skin options to change to a built-in male, perhaps it's lighter than the one used in the scene. Keep the scale though, same panel as the ON button.

Upvote 0
I ran into a similar issue with an underpowered machine. Have you tried ghost penetrator plugin?

I’ve used this, removed all clothing and hair from male model and it seems like this has the best improvment on FPS while not breaking a scene. I set it up as a plugin preset to make it quick to load onto a male model. Note there is an option to also have it show real genitals rather than “ghost”- see discussion section of above link. Other advantage of this setup is you can adjust your in play height for best view while not having to possess the male model- so nothing comes awkwardly out of alinement.

Upvote 0
I ran into a similar issue with an underpowered machine. Have you tried ghost penetrator plugin?
Yep, should have updated this thread in case someone was running the same issue.
Found it when I downloaded this scene :

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/cannandras-tragedy-3.22386

And yes this plugin exactly what I needed, plus it's simply perfect to adjust VR view

Other big improvement was to override tessellation with graphic driver, by default it looks like it use x64, that can put my GPU on its knees, x6 or x8 give me a nice boost while hair still looking good.

Thx for the plugin

Upvote 0
What I would like to figure out now is there a male model that has collision off on everything but the genitals? I’m not getting as much of a fps boost as you would think from removing the male model, and suspect it’s because collisions are still on or the software is still needing to process the body shape even though it’s alpha‘d out. wondering If there is equivalent of a dildo you can sub In for the male to improve the fps further? Aware of vamx option for this, but not how to do outside of vamx.

Upvote 0
What I would like to figure out now is there a male model that has collision off on everything but the genitals? I’m not getting as much of a fps boost as you would think from removing the male model, and suspect it’s because collisions are still on or the software is still needing to process the body shape even though it’s alpha‘d out. wondering If there is equivalent of a dildo you can sub In for the male to improve the fps further? Aware of vamx option for this, but not how to do outside of vamx.

on edit mode press t to see where lights are, adjust render mode to auto, then you can have effect on pixel count at options
usually you just need 2 lights on pixel to have decent lights and shadows, this is huge fps saving

if you need to maximize fps, just remove or disable enviroment atoms, some silly and simple objects can have big impact

i know its late but better than ever

Upvote 0
here is my settings, what i just did to this scene is i removed all unnessery atoms, turned off the lights other than two, two that gave best shadows
now this is first time i was actually able to use soft physics even with hair and cloths, also added 1 smooth pass which makes huge difference on genitals and fingers

cX46kXw.png

ive also limited tessalation from gpu drivers to 12 or was it 16, this limits of how much gpu hair can take, this can be made also in hair settings

on modded and tweakd ryzen 3700u laptop

(incase you wonder what scene this is, its not ready, almost done)

girl you can find here:

(not mine)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom