Question Is there any way to manage/sort the scene list?

Lumsculpt

Reactions
I love adding tags to clothing and hair. Makes it easier to go through all those files. I noticed my scene view looks absolutely out of control. Some scenes are just characters, some are interactive, some are just backgrounds, etc... Is there any way to tag scenes like I can other assets? I know I can hide some, and favorite some, but I don't necessarily want to hide the scenes. I just want to peruse through certain scene types, or collect a bunch of sub-scenes in with the main scene.

Speaking of sub-scenes, some scenes have a ton of randomly named sub-scenes scattered around, and I don't mind them being in the list, but it makes the list of scenes even more confusing. I forget what belongs to what. Is everyone really just dumping everything into the whole list and dealing with it as is? Or am I missing something? It seems kind of crazy the way it currently is, especially compared to how the other assets work.

This may not be what you're looking for, but have you considered establishing subfolders to organize your scenes the way you want?

Upvote 0
This may not be what you're looking for, but have you considered establishing subfolders to organize your scenes the way you want?

I would love to do that. Currently, no matter where you put a JSON, anywhere in the entire project, of any type, it gets dumped into the main list in VAM. So I can't put JSONs into subfolders to clean up anything in the VAM interface.

Upvote 0
Subfolders will work with the old load icon, but yeah no way to sort things in the new view like that. I was using a mix of knowing the general page based on the new / old sorting. Until I switched drives and my files reset their date info. Now it's a cluster, and I've given up.

Looking forward to the new version, but there are so many small quality of life fixes we desperately need and could be knocked out pretty quickly.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom