Question Is it possible to trigger random audio via Timeline plugin?

VirtualWishX

Reactions
Twitter
VirtualWishX
Patreon
VirtualWishX
I want to make a dedicated timeline Animation that will trigger in specific points RANDOM Audio Files.
Is it possible to do within the Timeline plugin?

If so can somebody please explain step-by-step so I can follow and try?
Thanks ahead 🙏

80fg80.jpg

There are three different bricks that can be used to play audio. You can trigger them from Timeline (or somewhere else). If you have lots of individual sounds, like 50 or more you would want to look into puttinng your sounds in AssetBundles, which is 50-100x faster during scene load compared to individual files. Use the "...FromAB" bricks to load such sounds.

• RandomSound: Plays random sound after Trigger is called. This can work with VaM's embedded sounds as well as sounds referenced on the Scene Audio tab. Needs to be placed on a Person, AudioSource, RhythmAudioSource or AptSpeaker atom.
  • RandomSoundFromAB: Similar to RandomSound, but can load sounds from AssetBundles instead. See also SoundFromAB, which also has a random function.
  • SoundFromAB: Exposes audio files found in Unity AssetBundles to VaM's Trigger system. If you have lots of sounds, this loads way faster and is more convenient. Folders inside the bundle will be exposed by two triggers each: PlaySpecific and PlayRandom. The benefit of this approach is that you do not need an individual brick for each sound or small random set of sounds you want to play. You just need one instance of this brick per AssetBundle and AudioSource. That allows managing hundreds of sounds in scene without long load times.

If you aren't familiar for LogicBricks, yet, I would recommend watching at least the first of the 4 LogicBricks tutorial vids, it's called "LogicBricks: Introduction"...about on the middle of the page here:

Upvote 1
View attachment 290817

There are three different bricks that can be used to play audio. You can trigger them from Timeline (or somewhere else). If you have lots of individual sounds, like 50 or more you would want to look into puttinng your sounds in AssetBundles, which is 50-100x faster during scene load compared to individual files. Use the "...FromAB" bricks to load such sounds.

• RandomSound: Plays random sound after Trigger is called. This can work with VaM's embedded sounds as well as sounds referenced on the Scene Audio tab. Needs to be placed on a Person, AudioSource, RhythmAudioSource or AptSpeaker atom.
  • RandomSoundFromAB: Similar to RandomSound, but can load sounds from AssetBundles instead. See also SoundFromAB, which also has a random function.
  • SoundFromAB: Exposes audio files found in Unity AssetBundles to VaM's Trigger system. If you have lots of sounds, this loads way faster and is more convenient. Folders inside the bundle will be exposed by two triggers each: PlaySpecific and PlayRandom. The benefit of this approach is that you do not need an individual brick for each sound or small random set of sounds you want to play. You just need one instance of this brick per AssetBundle and AudioSource. That allows managing hundreds of sounds in scene without long load times.

If you aren't familiar for LogicBricks, yet, I would recommend watching at least the first of the 4 LogicBricks tutorial vids, it's called "LogicBricks: Introduction"...about on the middle of the page here:

Just ran across this post and it's just what I was looking for. Thanks, MacGruber for the detailed info! Now I've gotta spend some time with LogicBricks. Always something new to learn ....

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom